Chapter 1: Guilty Escape

"Guilty! Take him away this instant!"

"You can't do this to me!" Ardor yelled, reaching out their hand to the shadowed figure, "Please... YOU WILL NEVER FIND ANOTHER HEIR WITH ME GONE!"

I need to find a way out, I'm going to fucking die because of hypothermia if I don't find a way out I'm done for. That backstabbing bitch took my life and dearest mother away from me. What did I do to deserve this? I hope you burn into the pits of hell.

"Ardor!!! My man" someone called from behind, every inch of me was frozen. 

"What do you want..?" Barely able to let out a word I forced myself to sit up right.

The guard walks up closer to the cell and leaned on the cell door. If -I could--- no that wouldn't work, I don't have the energy for that. The guard continued.

"So, buddy, you know that tomorrow is your last day here?"

"What about it.. not like its going to even change anything."

"Oh but it will, you get to have a last meal and if you're lucky I'd be the one serving it to you."

"What the fuck is that supposed to mean, I'd rather starve then get served by you."

"Have you really lost your mind after a three days in here?"

"..." Has it really been three days already? So much time wasted.

"Clearly," the guard hesitated. He stood up straight. "Listen, Ardor I don't know who to believe and you were my best friend. Just tell me what happened and I could help you"

"Ahaha... Help me?? You tossed me in here with no hesitation, you didn't help me during my trial, YOU WERE THERE THEN SHE DIED AND RAN OFF. AND YOU FUCKING SAY YOU'RE TRYING TO HELP ME?" 

"Chill out man, I just want to redeem myself, after, y'know"

"You mean to release yourself from the guilt of fucking betraying a friend and to boost your pride of being an honorable man? Is that all you will ever care about?

"..."

"Y'know Oliver, you are some hell of a guy ------

"Listen up Ardor, I am trying to help you escape this hell hole of death. Just be grateful I am even willing to help"

"I've been in this hell hole of death since the day I as born. I'd like to see you try getting me out."

He came up to me and held me by the collar.

" You know, you're being a real bitch about this, I hope you get executed first thing in the morning"

Swiping the keys from the belt loop I forced a shove back against the wall.

"If you say that you're the good friend that you are, then leave me here to rot and my wish"

"Heh, you really are pathetic" He walks off to continue his post.

The keys where are the keys. Ah- here they are. Jesus Christ why are these cell doors so loud.

-Door swings into the wall- -CLACK-

Well shit, I got to move fast now. Guards are coming. I jumped back into the cell and pretended to be asleep.

"WHO ROAMS THESE HALLS WITH SUCH NOISE?" The guards called out. Only two?

" Hey, look," One of the guards called out to the other.

" Oh would you look at that, its the mother fucker that killed Queen Delta" They walked into the cell with the intent to beat me up.

"What's the pretty boy doing all alone in the cell?" The first guard said with mockery.

"What if we fucked him up a bit before execution day? No one will believe him"

They both came in closer and pulled out a dagger. How stupid can these guards be? Somehow, considering the condition I was in I was able pull this off.

As the guard were about to do their business, Ardor opened his eyes, snatched the dagger from the first guard's hand and kick them both back knocking the second guard unconscious.