Shaolin Monks

(We cut back to Liu Kang and Kung Lao. As they continue cautiously stalking down the corridors, they begin to hear screaming)

Liu Kang: That way!

(They start running down the hallways trying to follow the noise.
As the monks get closer and closer to the noise they begin hearing a separate voice. Neither the scream or the voice was Kitanas. They slow down and return to a cautious pace. Believing they found the source of the noise, they peek around the corner into the corridor)

Scorpion: Where is Quan Chi!?

(Scorpion is holding an Outworld soldier against the wall by his throat)

Guard: Even if I knew this.. I would not tell it to some ninja!

(The hand Scorpions using to choke the guard starts to ignite in hellfire. The guard starts screaming)

Scorpion: Are you sure?

(Kung Lao walks out from cover, Liu Kang follows)

Liu Kang: Scorpion.

(Both monks get in a fighting stance. Scorpion quickly glances to the fighters but returns his attention to the guard)

Scorpion: I am not here for you.

Kung Lao: Afraid?

(Scorpion looks back at them and drops the guard)

Liu Kang(Lao): Had to ask?

Scorpion: Leave. 

Liu Kang: We will not be leaving without Kitana. Not even you can stop us.

Scorpion: I'm not here to stop you. I'm looking for Quan Chi.

(Kung Lao and Liu Kang glance at each other)

Kung Lao: Your deal not working out for you?

Scorpion: He and Shang Tsung sent Mileena to kill me.

Liu Kang: So you killed Mileena!

(Liu's fist burst in flames)

Scorpion: She is alive. I sent her back to the coliseum.

(Kang and Lao look at each other)

Liu Kang: Then she is with Raiden.

Kung Lao: Or with Shao Kahn.

Scorpion: You wish to find Kitana. I may have passed the jails on the way here.

Liu Kang: Can you lead us to her?

(Scorpion lightly nods his head. He turns around and begins walking down the corridors.
Lao and Kang relax their stances and follow the hellspawn. They walk down the hallways in silence, Scorpion holds a small fire in his hand to illuminate the tunnel)

Kung Lao: Why are you helping us?

Scorpion: With my shackles of Quan Chi ever breaking, I no longer need to serve him. I am free to choose my side.

Liu Kang: There are people looking for you.

Scorpion: I don't doubt it.

Liu Kang: Including Subzero.

(Scorpion paused and stopped walking. He turns his head to face the monks)

Scorpion: What did you say?

Kung Lao: Subzero's brother. He's picked up the mantle and is looking for you.

(Scorpion continues an unblinking silent stare for a few more seconds before resuming the venture through the halls.
They eventually make it to a bigger room where they spot the princess)

Kung Lao: There's Kitana.

Liu Kang: We must free her!

(Liu tries walking in but Scorpion stops him)

Scorpion: there's someone else here..

Kung Lao: This is a prison. There are likely many other people here.

Scorpion: No. Someone else.

(As they're stopped they see Skarlet walk out to the Chained up Kitana)

Kung Lao: I thought you killed her.

Scorpion: I did.

(They watch as Scarlet begins siphoning Kitana's blood)

Skarlet: Yeeess. The rumors are right. Edenian blood is most delectable.

(The blood starts absorbing itself into Skarlet)

Liu Kang: No!

(He pushes past Scorpion. Skarlet looks disturbed at the interruption till she sees Scorpion. She stops siphoning the blood and turns to face the three rescuers)

Skarlet: Ah yes.. My murderer.

(The way she says this was off putting to the group. She seemed more intrigued by her death than anything)

Skarlet: It is time to return the favor.

(Scorpion walks up and past Liu kang)

Scorpion(To Liu): Free the princess.

(He turns his attention to Skarlet as Liu and Kung start to fiddle with the chains. Skarlet pulls out her jagged dagger and gets into an offensive stance)

Skarlet: So much blood spilled.

Scorpion: Wanting retribution, Skarlet?

Skarlet: You misunderstand. I'm impressed.

(They fight. Though Skarlets new power was incredible and powerful, the power of hell itself was still too much for her)

Scorpion: This time, stay down.

(He punches her in the head, knocking her unconscious but not killing her.
Kitana stumbles to the floor as her chains are loosened)

Liu Kang: Are you ok, princess?

Kitana: I'll be fine.

(Liu helps her off of the floor)

Kitana: Scorpion?

Scorpion: Let us go. The tournament is waiting.

(He reignites the fire in his palm to light the way)

Liu Kang(to kitana): Can you stand?

Kitana: Of course.

(She tries to walk but stumbles. Liu quickly helps her up. He puts her arm around his shoulder to help her walk. Lao sarcastically shakes his head)