My Eyes Met with Hers

With my eyes barely being able to open from my slumber, I felt bread crumbs falling on my face. It was Sasha, eating away at her morning snack.
The glutton violently shook my whole body, attempting to fully awake me.
"Wake up sleepy head! Its already 9 am."
9 am?! I overslept again? How could I? This will surely anger the commanders.
"Alright, I'm up, I'm up." I said still half-asleep.
"Section Commander Erwin is currently making some sort of important announcement. So get up on your feet and get dressed, you don't wanna miss it."
I nodded and I dressed as swiftly as I could.

I left my room and went outdoors, no horrid smell this time. It was a beautiful day outside, with the birds chirping away at the azure sky.
Anyhow, I lined up with the cadets, all eyes were on me as I was incredibly late.
"Apologies for the disturbance sir."
My voice was shaky due to my humiliation, the foreman smiled at me in forgiveness and continued with his declaration.
"You've all endeavoured this past week, hence I shall reward you with something truly special, a dance in the Grand Hall. On one condition, you will be unable to see the face of your partner. Meaning that, you require to wear a mask of your choice."
The crowd cheered in excitement.
"Having said that, bad news for some individuals. I've received a complaint from Section Commander Ackerman.
Sasha, Connie and Jean all of you three are under house arrest."
The audience let out a laugh.
"Awh come on! Couldn't he have of spoken to us individually instead of publicly putting us to shame?" Jean bleated to himself so no one else around could hear.

I panicked at the word 'dance'. Not that I don't know how to, however I simply cannot dance with anyone but myself. I'll embarrass myself!
No. I'm wrong.
I'll introduce myself to the others, I've been here for just over a week, yet I know hardly anyone? I need to combat my fear of speaking to other people.
I will not allow myself to wait for some miracle hoping to magically know everyones names.

Cadets began to leave the assembly, but Eren still stood by me thus I acted quickly before he would leave, I had spoken first.
"Hey, Eren Yeager, right?"
"Yeah, and you're y/n? I see you like hanging out with them."
He said in a slightly disrespectful and mocking manner towards my only friends, I laughed nervously.
"I mean they're not that bad"
"Don't worry y/n I was only messing with you. Of course, they're great! Great people to be around."
We carried our conversation over to a nearby bench and there, we communicated for a long while, getting to know each other better.

I took a quick glance at a woman not too far away from us. She had short, silky dark hair.
My attention had been stolen by beauty, a work of art may I add.
She seemed to be doing a training of some sort, and a pretty intense one too if I do say so myself.
I observed her so much so the conversation between Eren and I had vanished from my mind entirely.
My eyes were glued to her well-structured body, not taking notice of the drool that went down the side of my chin.
Is that, Mikasa?
"Hello? Earth to y/n? Can you hear me? You've been looking at that direction for quite some time now, are you alright?"
I overlooked Eren's words until,
her pearly eyes met with mine. I looked away in an instant with my face turning bright red.
I was knocked back into reality from what felt like a dream.
A nervous chuckle escaped from my lips with Eren patiently awaiting my reply.
"Oh, sorry about that, I just saw a umm, a fly!"
What was I thinking? He's not gonna fall for that, now I just made a complete fool out of myself, well done y/n.
Not being able to hold it in any longer, he let out a loud and obnoxious laugh along with banging the table.
"Yeah right, your not fooling me after that sorta act! Did you hit your head on something? You must be seeing things."
A pause.
He stopped laughing all of a sudden and plastered on a serious face.
"Now tell me, who is it? Its Mikasa, isn't it? Come on! Hurry up and tell me!"

He knew?! Was it that obvious?!

I broke a slight smile with sweat rolling down my forehead. Giving in, I told him.
"Yeah alright, its Mikasa. I want to talk to her, but I don't know how. What I do know is that if I do, I'll become a flustered mess and embarrass myself, once again."
Eren smirked.
"Look, she's my closest friend after all. Don't worry, I'll help you out with this."
It felt as if a comforting warmth embraced me, in slight shock of the support I was given.

The sun already going down, we continued our chat from before.
After a certain period of time, we closed up our talk and we slowly headed back to my bedroom, taking Cadet Yeager with me.

"Dance with me."
"What?" I replied with confusion.
"I said, dance with me." The boy repeated, raising his voice in the slightest.
"But-" He silenced me.
"No buts. You never know, you could be paired up with Mikasa in the dance. Pretend I am the women of your dreams standing before you. I need you to be more confident with yourself. You don't want to be known as the 'clown' of the dance, do you? Now hold your head high, you can do this." He explained.
"You're too kind, thank you Eren."

Why was he being so nice? I don't deserve this, one day I'll be sure to return the favour.
After many hours of dancing, I still felt so full of energy. Though, it was already evening, hours felt like only a few minutes. I greeted Eren goodbye.
"Thank you for today dance partner, I shall head to bed soon. I'll see you tomorrow, goodnight.
"Anytime my dancing companion, my rooms just opposite so knock if you need anything, night."
I nodded as he left my dark room.

Soon after, I fell sound asleep ready for the next day.