Chapter One: Tash

Being a father. It's not that hard if a job on its own. Being a father when you're a second in command to the biggest gang out there, now that's a rough one. But luckily for me, Maggie, my longtime girlfriend of six years, has been with me through thick and thin. She's my rock as I am hers. I am the proud father to Ruvel, Danny, Sagittarius or Sag for short, Miguel, Ivan, and Jessop. Ruvel is the oldest at age six, the other five are each three. Maggie has jokingly threatened to castrate me if I don't give her a girl. She had Ruvel when we were seventeen, and got pregnant with the quintuplets when we were eighteen. Our gang doctor said the two of us were incredibly lucky and very fertile. Now we're both twenty-four about to be twenty-five and she has been on me about trying for a girl. Now don't get me wrong, I'd love a girl but I want to give her body a rest. Have six kids in the time span of six years is a lot. And she gave birth to all six of them naturally, no C-section, no epidural and no Pitocin or Oxytocin, whatever it's called. She's a bad bitch and a beast and she knows it.

"How're things going with Maggie and the youngsters?" Chad, our third in command, asked.
I sighed, I was working on paperwork in the office with Chad and Aiden, our leader/boss. Whatever you'd like to call him.
"She has been on me about trying for a girl. I don't want to push her body to the limits. Sometimes I think she forgets that she has had six kids naturally." I said.
Am I complaining a little bit? Yes, I am.
"Do you want another kid? I mean, six is a lot and you're both so young." Chad said.
"I know. I'd like at least one girl. But I don't know. I've already had to upgrade the house, if we have anymore I'd have to buy a new one. Six are expensive as well." I said.
"True. I mean, food alone must be expensive." Chad said.

"Yeah, no kidding. Not including doctors appointments, school supplies. Bills on top of all that." I said.
"Have you told her this?" Aiden asked.
"Yeah I have. Her answer is: I don't care, I want a girl, and I want one now. It's been the primary source of our arguing." I said.
"Well I can see why, your sons are growing up and y'all aren't getting any younger, but she's gotta see reason too." Chad said.
"Yeah, good luck with that." I said.
My phone dinged, Maggie. Great... Please take note of the sarcasm.

Maggie: Babe, when are you coming home?
Tash: I'm not sure. Probably around six/seven-ish. Why?
Maggie: I've got a surprise waiting for you at home. I can't wait to tell you. In fact, I'm going to call you.
And just like that, my phone started ringing. I answered.
"Yes, dear?" I asked.
"So I've got news to tell you." Maggie said.
I had her on speaker so I could continue working.
"And what's that?" I asked.
"I'm pregnant." She squealed.
I froze. How? Chad and Aiden just looked pitiful, knowing how I felt.
"How? We haven't been having sex, Margaret." I said.
Margaret was Maggie's full first name. I barely used it unless I was angry with her. Which was rarely.
"Uh, you don't remember?" Maggie asked, suddenly sounding nervous.
"Remember what? I think I'd remember having sex with you." I said.

Chad and Aiden looked very uncomfortable. Obviously not wanting to be present for this conversation.
"Uh, well we did." Maggie said.
"So if we got a DNA test, the baby would come back with my DNA?" I asked.
"Of course." Maggie said.
"Fine. I'll meet you at Doc's office in twenty." I said.
"Fine." Maggie said.
I hung up and sighed, rubbing my temples.
"Good luck, bro." Chad said.
"Let us know how it goes." Aiden said.
"I will." I said.
Walking out of the office and getting into my Charger, I dreaded this drive.

Fifteen minutes later I arrived at Doc's office, looking to my right I saw Maggie's minivan. She got out and unloaded all our kids, her parents must not have been able to watch them. I got out and walked in, them all trailing behind me. Our kids were confused on why I wasn't talking to their mom.
"Hello my friends, what can I do for you?" Doc asked; approaching us.
"She's pregnant and we need a DNA test done." I said, getting straight to the point.
"Oh okay, uh sure. Right this way please." Doc said.

Fifteen minutes later, the results were in. And I was livid.

I was pissed!

This bitch...