Chapter 16

"Pierce

"Pierce..." I trailed off "That's you in the background."

My eyes focused on the background, clearly seeing Pierce in the back. "I'll see you soon." I read the caption aloud, beginning to put everything together as I watched the 3-second video play over and again. I was in disbelief, I could barely process it.

"What the fuck." June spoke aloud, her eyes wide and turning towards us with a look of confusion "Pierce why the fuck are you in the back of that photo." My heart began racing in my chest, my palms became sweaty and my breath became shallow.

"Holy shit." Pierce's eyes widened as he looked from the video to us "I remember where that was, it was at some party. I completely forgot but he was next to Mercury and me. He came up to us and asked for a lighter. Then he started complaining about his girlfriend, but he said her name was Jezzabelle."

"Jezzy..." I trailed off, doing everything possible to not break apart right now "That awful nickname. Jezzabelle is what people call prostitutes, and he used to call me Jezzy as his own personal prostitute. I couldn't stand it."

"Wait so you're telling me that Cayde went up to Pierce at a party almost three years ago and talked about you?" Triston put the words together, everyone trying to fit the last pieces into this neverending puzzle. I couldn't fathom it, I had no idea that Cayde had met Pierce prior to even knowing me.

"I can't fucking believe this. He didn't say his name was Cayde though, he said it was something else. I can't remember what it was though..." Pierce was in the same state of shock I was in "Get Mercury, she might remember. She was with me that entire night, she even talked to him a little bit before we left when the cops showed up."

"You're telling me we're going to use Mercury as a helpful source?" Triston stared at Pierce blankly with an Are-You-Serious expression written across her face. "What better idea do you have Triston?" Pierce snapped back at her and I turned to Triston and gave her a nod that it was okay.

Triston sighed and pushed herself up from the seat before walking over to the glass sliding door and pushing it open. "Mercury get your fake ass down here!" Triston screamed into the house, loud enough for everyone to hear "You can actually be of use for something rather than fucking married middle-aged men!"

It was moments later when Mercury came storming out with her arms crossed over his chest "You know if you want someone to come to you, insulting them is not a way to do that."

"Well it worked, didn't it?" Triston gave her a cocky smirk, earning an eye roll from Mercury. "Mercury we need you to look at this video and tell us if you know who this is." June insisted before playing the video in front of Mercury.

Mercury's eyes followed the video of Cayde before her eyes widened and her jaw had drop-down "Wait, holy shit! That's Cayde isn't it? And Pierce is in the background." Mercury looked up from the video, her eyes pondering over all of us as she began to put two and two together herself of exactly what was happening.