april 1, 1998

CRIMSON KILLER CAUGHTby Kaitlyn Laughlin

by Kaitlyn Laughlin

It'd been forgotten hopes and instilled fears for the city of London. With enforced curfews—no person out after sunset—and silent nights, there was no telling of when it would all be over.

It was an unfortunate night for a woman, named Madeline Beau, 19. Left without a ride home from work, she walked alone with fingers crossed underneath her tucked arms that she wouldn't come across with the Crimson Killer.

"I was almost home," reported Beau to local authorities. "But then I heard a long whistle. I told myself, 'Don't look.' Yet, I looked and there he was, walking towards me—slow in his steps, almost as if he was taunting me."

Beau described the man to be over six feet tall, light complexion with dark hair, wearing a long and black trench coat and just at the end of his sleeve, he held a knife.

Tenants of the Hillside Gardens heard ferocious screams during the silent hours of the night. "They were difficult to ignore and insensitive to dismiss," described one of the tenants. "When we looked out and saw a tall man with a knife, ready to attack, we shouted and threw things out our windows. We united, enough to scare the Crimson Killer away. No doubt it was him."

Beau was left unharmed, but forever scarred. She described her encounter with the Crimson Killer to be terrifying. She also told authorities, "His eyes were so green, but not the kind I would use to correlate with nature. I'd use, venomous."

Those very venomous eyes were used to catch the Crimson Killer two weeks later.

Over 74 women have been found dead and left in the cold after being brutally stabbed in the city of London. The only link between all victims were the markings left by the Crimson Killer. Each victim would have their apples of their cheeks painted like makeup with their very own blood.

In a lineup, Beau identified the Crimson Killer to be Cameron Richard Styles, 42. Could this husband, father, and Art History teacher be responsible for the brutal deaths of over 74 women?

Styles is currently detained and awaiting his trial.