Right Decision

'It is in your moments of decision that your destiny is shaped.'

"Have I made the right decision?"

"Will this really work?"

"I also brought Maya into this..."

Many questions puzzled her mind as she stayed tossing and turning on the bed without sleep.

Her confusions stemmed from the recent decision she made. Being a single mom at 24, she was thriving well. However when he posed that question, she was not able to deny him. After all, he had been her highschool crush for years. His image filled her mind.

They drifted apart when he left the city due to his father's job and she never got the opportunity to confess her feelings. Years later, she married the guy her parents liked. She lived the life they wished for her.

Things were turning for better. She was content with her married life. Everything came to an abrupt halt when her husband's car hit the truck. Once again, she found herself standing at the crossroads. She had a choice of going back to her parents who were readily waiting to marry her off again.

8 months of pregnancy didn't stop her from moving forward. She made the decision to work for her child, to work for her. She worked hard to have food on their plates and roof over their heads. Her little one, Maya, became her entire world. She planned to live her life for her only daughter.

Three years passed,

One day, mother and daughter duo were strolling the mall with the intention of playing and having good fun. That's when she heard that melodious voice again.

"Miss did you drop this?"

She didn't turn around. She knew that magical voice. How can she forget the voice which was etched in her heart for life? She adjusted her emotions and turned around to face him.

He was standing there with phone on one ear as he extended her dropped hand kerchief. She noticed that all his boyish charms were replaced by his manliness. He was brawny, fit and fine.

"Miss...."

This time, he finished answering his phone and concentrated on her face. He seemed little stunned.

"You are Radha??? Isn't it??"

She nodded her head with a glimpse of happiness. He recognised her.

"It's been a long time. How are you, Radha?" He asked her with a smile.

"I'm fine. How are you?"

"Good."

"Is this your daughter?"

"Yes"

"Hey little buddy, what's your name?"

"Hello uncle, I'm Maya" she answered him with an ease when Radha was finding it hard to articulate words.

"Where is your husband? Don't tell me you guys are on your own???"

"Ah.. Um... He passed away"

"I'm extremely sorry, Radha"

"It's okay. It has been three years already. I'm working as an HR to keep as afloat" She gave a light smile. Suddenly, he lifted Maya in his arms and started walking with her.

"Gautham... You have been asking me all the questions.. you tell me. How is life??"

"Life is fine. Nothing interesting. I run a software company."

"Tell me about your family. I believe you will be having atleast two kids now." This was the most difficult question she had to ask on that day.

"Sorry to disappoint you. I'm still bachelor."