Chapter 2

Tubbo had been scared when the crumbling happened. He didn't hear any words from Tommy right after and thought the worst. Fortunately, the blond boy was alright, even though he was stuck inside the old castle, until Tubbo found a way out for him. 

He was now searching for a way to help him and was walking through large corridors, stumbling on fallen beams and planks, going in circles for some time. before noticing he had already passed by this painting before. The boy stopped for a while, finally taking notice of his surroundings. 

Tubbo was in a large stone-ish corridor, the walls covered in large menacing cracks. There were large wood doors that didn’t resist to time and were covered in dust, wood nibbled by insects. He quickly took notice of the faint footprints on the dust and deduced it meant they weren't the only ones liking exploration so people probably came here before – not so long ago, the footprints seemed recent enough –. As he walked by the entrances, his eyes caught a dim light at the end of the corridor.

Being careful, the short boy tip-toed his way to where the gleam was coming from. ‘If there’s a light, that could mean someone is here… not sure that's a good sign actually-'

Unfortunately for Tubbo, a fallen object hidden by the dust was in his way, making him stumble against it, creating a loud noise that must've echoed in the whole place

Welp- There goes the discretion. 

"Who is there?" A deep voice asks, breaking the silence surrounding them.

One beat. 

Shuffling was heard inside the lighted room. Panic could be seen on Tubbo's face and for a bit he didn't know what to do. 

He was in the middle of a corridor with no way of hiding without making any noises, all doors were trapped behind beams and stones that were covered by dust and soot ; and Tubbo was never good at hide and seek back in the orphanage. So he did the most logical –yet stupid– thing he could think of in this state.

"Who are you?" He demanded.

The stranger appeared in the light, the first thing Tubbo noticed about them was, well- that person was tall. Fucking giant. Their hair
was split white and black and their disparate eyes were surely the last thing Tubbo would see before they decided to kill him. They also had pale scars, strangely looking like tears, going from beneath their eyes to their chin. 

"No! Who are you"? They ask almost incredulously as if they weren't going to end him.

"Hey! I asked first!" Tubbo decided they actually didn't look intimidating at all. But almost… nice? 

"You're the one inside my residence?! What do you mean 'you asked first' ?!

Tommy was definitely stuck, and he didn't like it at all. He had tried to free the way separating him from his best friend, but he couldn't move anything. So now, he and Tubbo had to find a way out, and he disliked it. That's not what he meant when he talked about adventures in the last chapter and he definitely hoped something like this wouldn't happen anymore.

After walking during what seemed to be a long time, he stumbled on a big space. Unlike the rest of the castle, it seemed like it was the place that suffered less from the passage of time. The floor looked clean and deprived from beams and fallen rocks whereas quartz was laying on the floor, seeming to have fallen due to one of the height column breaking while maintaining the high ceiling. It was lit by the sun peeking through the dusty windows engraving the walls all around him. Far ahead was also an enormous painting, representing what seemed to be royals. 

Obviously Tommy, you're in a castle. 

Reluctantly tearing his eyes from the beautiful painting behind the thrones, he also found what looked like a music box on one of the shelves decorating the place. It was a deep blue and missing bits of it, surely due to a fall or a bump.