Closer

This story has been inspired by an anime I found where I shouldn't tell you. Just know that I got the idea from there and then invented everything else. Also, I feel like specifying that everything is consensual in this story, in case is not clear.

A special thanks to my very special beta E who helped me so much and prevented me from going crazy. Love u ❤ I hope you enjoy and let me know what you think in the comments!

***

It was a quiet evening of a weekend in ONEUS dorm. One of those perfect moments when the schedule of the day was done and there was nothing left for them to do except enjoying some time for themselves, not as the RBW idol group ONEUS but as six regular young boys in their twenties at the end of a workday. Youngjo was drawing something using his tablet on the sofa while Hwanwoong was dozing off, resting his head on the other's thighs. Gunhak was doing push-ups on the carpet as he was listening to music with earphones. Seoho was boiling a pot filled with water to eat some ramen as a late-night snack and Keonhee was setting the table, discussing with him about the difference between the most famous brands while preparing himself to have some too because everyone knew how much the boy loved to eat. This peaceful atmosphere was suddenly broken by the main door being slammed open, revealing an excited Dongju.

"Hyungs! I just bought a new board game! What are you all doing? Let's play together!"

Gunhak sighed in his thirty-fifth push-up. He knew there was nothing they could have done against the maknae when he was as edgy about something new as he was being in that moment: it was just a Dongju thing. They couldn't avoid treating him like a baby because their maknae was an actual baby.

Youngjo saved his progresses on his sketch as he tenderly smiled and he moved slightly to make Hwanwoong wake up and sit straight up as well. Keonhee rushed in front of the sofa and he made some space on the coffee table for Dongju to put his new game on. Seoho was in the middle of pouring the noodles but he was all ears.

"What's this game about?" Keonhee bubbly asked.

Dongju hanged his coat: "The kind lady on the street I met with Dongmyeong said that it's a special game that makes people closer to each other!"

"Dongju-ah, did you just buy something from a stranger on the street?" Hwanwoong pointed out, giving him a quite worried look before yawning.

"Where is Seoho hyung? Seoho hyung!!" He called, completely ignoring the other.

"What is that supposed to mean? Closer than we have been for the past three years and more?" Gunhak added, one of his eyebrows rising skeptically.

Dongju pouted: "Hyuuuung, come and play with us! Pleaaaaase!"

The oldest didn't reply but he sat on the carpet in front of the sofa.

"Woah! It's like Monopoly!" Keonhee excitedly said opening the box and starting to pull out the board and the pawns with Hwanwoong's help. The game board indeed looked like Monopoly's except that the theme seemed to be an enchanted forest: There was a path made out of colorful squares, some of them had just a phrase written on like 'Truth Time' or 'Secret Time' while some were decorated with trees or flowers. There were also three decks of cards divided by their color which was either white, pink or red.

"The design is beautiful!!" Hwanwoong commented.

Youngjo took the instructions paper and he frowned as soon as he started reading: "This game sure has a mysterious concept.." He said, when he noticed there were just a few not exactly explicative lines on how to play. Interesting, he thought. "It just says we should not check the cards content in the decks or it will ruin all the fun!"