the end of a happily ever after?

It's been nearly 10 whole years since I gave birth to our beautiful daughter whom we named Renesmee Carlie Cullen, and the 9th anniversary of my transformation into a vampire. And have now easily gotten used to my new life with Edward as a vampire. Since the battle with the Volturi all those years ago our lives have been nothing but absolute bliss and very peaceful. Edward and I had gotten to raise our daughter together after we had convinced the Volturi that our daughter wasn't a threat to them. Of course, we weren't allowed to leave the state or country according to both Charlie and Jacob. Since his imprint on Renesmee all those years ago the bond between them now is unbreakable. 

Jacob would be heartbroken if we had to leave Forks one day and start our lives elsewhere without him  because he was now the alpha of Sam's pack. Still to this day Edward and I hadn't come to terms that Jacob had chosen Renesmee as his soulmate. But I had known that Jacob would do anything for Renesmee. Renesmee's birthday was just 2 months ago and she was now 9 years old in vampire years, but physically she just turned 16 years of age. And in just 1 year's time she will be the same age that her father once was. 

Of course, the reality of losing Renesmee to Jacob had been upsetting for both Edward and I including the rest of our family. We hadn't come to terms with the reality that Renesmee was still our little girl but is  now a strong and determined young lady. I gazed down at our old photo album, looking through our photos that we had taken shortly after our daughter's birth. I had been so focused on the old photo album, that I hadn't realised that I was wrapped in Edward's comforting embrace.

"Bella, are you okay love?" Edward asked, softly running his fingers through my hair.

"Edward, I'm fine don't worry about it." I responded. "I was just looking through the baby pictures we took of Renesmee years ago." I continued.

I gently laid the photo album down on the table before leaning back into Edward's arms. 

Edward softly laid a finger under my chin and I raised my head gazing back into his eyes. He gave my favourite crooked smile, and I was instantly floored by how much he could dazzle me. 

"Bella, obviously something is troubling you." Edward responded worriedly.

I gazed down at the photo album on the table before gazing back at Edward. 

"It's all too much, our little girl has grown up too much. And it's hard to think that in 1 month she will also be tagging along with us at school."  I sighed.

"And just imagine that in about 1 year she will be forever frozen at 17, we won't have a little girl anymore now that she's a teenager."  I responded, trying to keep my composure calm.

"Oh, Bella love look at me."  Edward responded, gently pulling my face towards him. 

"Bella, no matter what Renesmee has and will always be our little girl, so there's nothing to worry about love." Edward continued.

We both smiled at one another, and I leaned further back into Edward's comforting arms.

"You have always known what to say, but I'm still concerned about our daughter wanting to marry Jacob. I mean, what if she doesn't want us around her anymore?" I asked.

There was a sudden tension in the room as Edward's loud and familiar growl filled the room and wrapped his arms tightly around me.

"Bella, if Renesmee does eventually choose to marry Jacob, Renesmee will always need us because we are her parents who love and adore her for who she is." Edward spoke.

Edward still hasn't come to terms with Jacob's imprinting on our daughter still to this very day. Edward and Jacob did eventually get over their rivalry and Edward now considers Jacob like a third brother to him. But still isn't happy about our daughter's relationship with Jacob.

"Edward, they won't be getting engaged anytime in the near future he's like a protective brother to her and has been since her birth." I responded, gently stroking the side of his face.

"Edward, we will deal with that situation whenever it happens in the future." I continued. 

"I agree love whenever that time happens." Edward agreed.

After we had gotten dressed for the day we decided to head down towards the main house. We walked hand in hand towards the main living room and was surprised to find everybody already waiting for us.

"HI, everyone what's the emergency?" I asked.

"Bella, our old friend Eleazar just phoned, the family is heading down here for a few days. They are arriving here in a couple of weeks." Carlisle responded, his eyes darting between Edward and I. "And they are going to bring Tanya here as well." Carlisle continued.

"Are you kidding me Carlisle?" I snapped, as a low and feral growl began to build.

I had always had my suspicions about Tanya and had never seemed to like her. After the battle with the Volturi a couple of years ago to save our daughter. Tanya and I had never seemed to get along, I had accidentally caught her telling Irina and Kate that Edward could better than me and that he was meant to be hers. 

-Bella's flashbacks-

"We should never have agreed to help her with the Volturi." Tanya growled.

"Tanya, you don't need to put Bella down like that. why would you even say that about her?"  Kate asked furiously.

"The Volturi could have taken her with them and then Edward and I could finally be together." Tanya said smugly.

"Tanya, even if they hadn't of had Nessie in the first place, Edward's heart belongs to Bella now. Edward has always loved Bella, he only sees you as a sister." Kate snapped angrily.

"It was Bella that should have perished that day. If the Volturi had taken Nessie, Bella would've gone after them along with that hairy dog of a friend." Tanya responded, grinning widely. "As soon as the Volturi take them away, Edward and I can live happily." Tanya continued.

"Tanya, for the last time Edward has never loved you like that and I wish that you could understand that you and him will never be together." Kate said tiredly.

"You watch and learn Kate." Tanya responded.

-End of Bella's flashback-