Face Revile

...

"No."

"Oh come on!"

"I said no,"

"Please!?"

"No!"

"Pretty pirate please?!"

She wasn't going to leave him alone, and that was a fact.

"No! Go annoy your team! Or the other S4 members! Quit pestering me!" His gas mask was still making his speech echo with a 'hyuk' sound, but since he was raising his voice at this point, the noice was multiplied tenfold.

"But your the only one left!" Bobble Hat was now kneeling next to him in a, somewhat puppy stance, griping his arm which was resting on his knees while he was holding his phone between them. Mask had shifted away from her to some degree, but not very much given he was sitting on the ground against the clothing store and that just made Bobble lean in closer. Mask was getting increasingly uncomfortable and annoyed.

What she said actually concerned Mask a great deal. He knew what she was capable of, especially when determined, "What do you mean I'm the only one left?" He scooted away again, and she followed suit several times until Mask backed himself to the fence attached to the back of the store and became cornered.
Mask was now getting even more agitated and annoyed, "Well carp..." he mumbled.

Bobble Hat openly laughed at that, and had to calm down before continuing, "I meant I've never seen you without your mask. I've seen Skull, Stealth Goggles, Specs, Luna, Gas Mask, all of team face mask, half-rim, even Aviator! All without their headgear and I thought you would be like them and take it off sometimes, but you don't."

Mask was truly impressed by this. He had sat up and started listing to all the inklings she listed. But then realized what she wanted and sunk back down and started playing on his phone. "Well your streak stops here cause I'm not taking it off..." 

"But there has to be a reason! You don't even eat in public!"

"There is a reason for all that and it's dumb so your gonna laugh..."

"Promise I won't, cross my ink and hope to splat,"

"Yeah right, that's the stupidest thing I've heard all afternoon, and I'm not telling or showing you anything!" He got up to leave, but Bobble still was holding his wrist. "...let go."

"No!"

"Why do you wanna know what I look like so bad anyway?! What's with you and seeing peoples dumb faces?" He roughly pulled away but she still held on tight, somewhat pulling him down. She was still smiling, but her voice told a different story.

"Cause, I, just wanna, see what you-"

"That's not a reason! Give me a real reason!" One look at Bobble Hat's happy smile was all he needed to snap, "YOU CAN'T, CAN YOU? YOU STUPID, SMILING, INKLING!" Mask was past raising his voice, he was shouting at her, with no hesitation, until she finally let go of him and sank back down in defeat, hiding her face with the shadow of her hat.

...

"H- hey, that sounded meaner then intended, I didn't mean it like that." He crossed his arms and was tempted to just walk away with that half apology but a small part of him felt bad so he stayed put as Bobble began to talk, but only loud enough for him to hear.

"I just do it to try and become closer friends. If we're friends and you don't want to take your mask off, I won't force you to. And you don't have to tell me why.  if you don't want to be my friend at all, I'm sorry for bothering you. I'm gonna go hangout with my team now-" she got up to leave and had taken one step towards the center of the square when-

"Ugh! Fine!"

Mask grabbed her hand. She was still facing away when she was pulled around the corner and into Ye Olde Cloth Shoppe. Before she could even ask what Mask was doing, she spotted Aloha and his team inside the clothing store. Bobble Hat waved but the cyan inkling made a small sheik muffled by his mask and quickly turned to go back outside and ran across the street. Meanwhile Bobble was trying to keep from tripping or running into the other people in the square. The street was littered with inkling and octolings all talking and getting a bite to eat at Crusty Sean's.
Mask maneuvered through the crowd, being careful not to bump into anyone and draw attention to the two racing towards the Shoal.

Bobble Hat never stoped smiling, but grew extremely confused, still happy cause she waved at her even more confused teammates as Mask dashed into the arcade with her in tow.

He avoided the few people in the building and the strange look from the cashier and flew into a hallway near the back of the arcade, marking the entrance to the storage and workers only doors including the emergency exit.

Mask finally let go of Bobble's hand after he made sure no one had followed or was around, and she stood facing him, with her usual smile, "What-cha' doing?" She asked slightly teetering on her heels.

The S4 member took a breath in before explaining, "I- I can't take my mask off outside. I have th- this stupid hay fever that acts up when I'm out there. Especially if there's t- trees or plants- o- or a lot of people." He un-clipped the back of his mask straps, but still held it to his face. "I'm sorry I lashed out at you, you didn't know I had this stupid medical thing-" he closed his eyes, took another deep breath and detached his mask.

He honestly expected her to laugh. She is Bobble Hat after all. He didn't think she'd want to even be friends with him anymore. With the way he acted and was reluctant to explain. But when he finally opened his eyes to see why she wasn't on the ground laughing, he realized she was looking away. A part of him wanted to slap his gas mask back on and run out of the arcade, but he stayed put. The cyan inkling placed a gentle hand on her shoulder. "You alr-?"

She turned around, almost breaking the sound barrier, causing him to stop mid-word and jump back for a moment before-

-she hugged him.

As tight as she could without hurting him.

"I'm sorry too-," was all she managed to say.

He dropped his mask on the floor, to stunned to do anything else but stare at the flashing exit sign and process what was going on. He was being hugged. Mask; one of the most ruthless S4 members, being hugged by team ridiculous's happiest teammate. He didn't know how to feel. What was he supposed to do or say? He thought she hated him.

Breaking the becoming awkward silence, Mask pulled back and sneezed into his sleeve, then knelt down to pick up his mask, and Bobble mimicked his position. He gave a nervous laugh at her copying, " Y-you happy now?"

She nodded vigorously, as they both stood up. As Bobble hugged him again.

"Ok, ok! One was enough! Ack!" He protested pointlessly, but was still smiling.