Birthday

- Y/n Pov -

She was the perfection of the encanto.

The golden child Isabela was the pride of the family Madrigal. Even though she's 15 she is the perfect girl.

But I think Abuela Alma expects too much from her. All her children and grandchildren actualy.

Everyone knows Alma has gone through extreem trauma. But that doesn't mean you can put all this presure on your family!

They could make a whole movie of it if you ask me.

Anyways, today was a special day for the whole encanto.

It was Isabela's birthday.

I crochet a necklace for her as a present.

It was a muchroom with a removeable top you can put things in. Chaptick, crystals, and other small stuff.

The thing is, I got a huge crush on her! And I don't even know if she likes girls!

I really want to give it to her. But I just don't know how.....

- Time Skip -

- Isabela's Pov -

It was my 15th birthday.

It would be fun if everyone didn't keep talking to me.

Maybe that sounds rude, but how would you feel if everyone kept talking to you and you didn't get a second of the day to yourself?

I really wanted some peace and quiet.

So I decided to go to a river close to home. Not many people come there. I really hoped no one would be there.

But I was wrong.

A girl around my age was sitting on a rock on the side of the river.

She looked deep in thought. Did something happend?

Well, this was better then being in the busy village.

I walked up to her.

'Uhm, hello? Can I sit here?' I asked.

She looked up at me. Her eyes were Y/ec (your eye color). They looked really deep. I could see a whole galaxy and further in them.

'O- okay. Sure.' She said and nervously laughed.

I sat down next to her. She still looked deep in thought.

'Are you okay?' I asked.

'Oh yes I'm fine! Just.... thinking.' She answered. I thought she didn't wanna talk about it, so I didn't say anything.

I stared at the river. I sighed at my reflection. I'd really like to just let go of the perfect image and go crazy for once.

'Are you okay?' The girl asked. 'Uh- oh yeah. Also just thinking.' I answered.

'Would you mind telling me?' She asked.

Well, I wanted to talk about it. I don't think Abuela would like it if I said this, but I didn't care anymore.

'I just..... I wish I could let go of being the "Golden child" and be myself for once. I never got to really do what I want.....'

I didn't expect an answer. Which is why I was surprised when she said this:

'I get it. I've never experienced something like it of course. But I do get that having to appear perfect all the time must be tiring. If I were you I would wanna let go too. Just know that if you want to talk or just be yourself you can come to me. No one is perfect, so you can be yourself with me.'

She smiled at me. It was like time stopped. Her smile was so bright. Like sunflowers, but even brighter.

I felt my face heat up as I said: 't- thank you.'

'Your welcome.'

It was quiet for a few seconds again.

I saw her reach in her pocket. 'H- here. Happy birthday.' She said, looking away and handing me a little box.

I opened the box. A mushroom necklace was in it. The top of the mushroom was removeable. It was like a cute little bag, but a necklace.

'Wow, thank you! This is beautiful!' I said, putting the necklace around my neck.

'You like it?' She asked.

'Of course! It's really cute! Thank you.' I said happy.

I saw her blush.

'I- I need to go home! I'm happy y- you like it! Bye!' She said and ran away.

'Cute.' I thought.

Then I felt something in the necklace.

I opened it. Inside was a little pink crystal and a note.

Would you like to go out with me?
Y/n

Writers note: so this was the oneshot. Do y'all want a part 2?

itsawierd0 asked me to write this oneshot. Sorry for the long wait but I hope you like it! 😁

Here's your snack for making it to the end of this oneshot: 🍫

You can have it since I get a headache when I eat chocolate 😅

Anyways, let me know if you want a part 2

Bye 😊