pt 1

3/30/22
"Im just going to get strait to the point here, my names Milo, nice to meet you, although we may not talk at all the entire time im here." I say, as an attempt to make the mood less depressing. It was just us here after all, why not try to start a conversation? He didn't seem interested.

"Yeah yeah whatever, I'm William." He said, sitting up strait and taking the cigarette out of his mouth, he looked tired, somehow, even though hes been asleep the entire time we were in the building. I'd assume he's out of it, mostly because of how red his eyes were and the stern look on his face.

"Don't ya' think it was a little stupid to tell me your name?" He raises his eyebrows looking at me, now that I think about it, it was kind of dumb, but i was just trying to be nice.

"Yes, that was quite foolish of me." I respond back, slightly annoyed at myself.

"Did you sleep well?" I ask, he's been asleep the entire time i was here, i don't blame him, its pretty boring.

"Yeah i would've if this chair wasn't stabbin' my ass every two seconds." He says, looking even more irritating than before. the chair did look uncomfortable, it looked sort of like a rocking chair, but it didn't rock at all, at least i dont think it did.

he looks to be about in his mid-thirtes, its obvious once you look at him for a while, i had the chance to when he was asleep. I could make out of what looked like some sort of mullet, his hair was long and slicked-back, with a few strands sticking out from the sides from what I'd assume was from him moving in his sleep. He was ginger, or used to be at least, I could see some discoloration in his roots somewhere. I can't tell his race, but he was light skinned. With dark circles under his eyes, you could tell by his face he's not a very welcoming person.

"So what is this, a waiting room or something? What are we waiting for?" I ask, although i already know the answer.

A few weeks ago, i had gotten a letter in the mail with the address of this building, and a photo of my father, i had been taking care of him for a while since my sister passed away 2 years ago, he's getting pretty old and needs help with some things and im more than willing to help out. I remember i went out to get groceries, like i always do, i come back to nobody in the house, he couldn't just get up and walk away, so someone must have taken him out of the house while i was gone. I was sitting trying to figure ot what to do while frantically calling all of my family members trying to figure out what happend, no one said anything that would help.

A few hours later, i get the letter, i immediately came here thinking my father would be here as well.

"Yes, this is the waiting room, but in about I'd say,, 2 minutes, well be a
Escorted out to the first room."

"What room?" I ask, worried.

"You ask a hella lot a questions, you know that right?" He says, as he stands up, wiping his hands on his pants to rid of the non-existent dust on them, he lets out a sigh. "What'chu lookin' so worried for, theres nothing to be scared about, just shut up and walk when they take us there, alright?"

"What happens if i dont?" I ask even more worried then before. He doesn't respond.

I stand up as well, practically shaking, and the doors fly open, and a women walks into the room with us. Shes pretty tall, and dressed pretty normally.
She waves, William scoffs and puts his hands in his pant pockets. Looking disappointed for god knows what reason.

The woman ushers us toward the door, i feel like I'm about to piss myself. The thing is i dont even know why. I'm just scared. I've never been here before.