Chapter 1

"Mom I'm gonna be late today" she said to her mother through the phone.

Ms Lee sighed through the phone as she heard that her daughter will be late once again today.

"Okay... be safe Y/N" Ms Lee said.

Y/N cut the call and started walking through the dark alley once again.

_______

Y/N lived with her mother who was a businesswoman. They lived alone ever since her father died and her sister went missing. She currently studies at the Seoul University and is going to graduate this year. Everyone saw her as a depressed nerd.

_______

She was walking when she suddenly heard a gunshot from behind a building. She froze on her spot by the sudden sound and fear started taking over her body. Still she took the courage of going to the other side of the building. She carefully tiptoed to the other side and hid behind the pile of bricks that was standing there. Bricks, sand, cement, rods, shovels and some materials needed for construction were scattered all over the place. It looked like construction work was going on in the building. A dim light was shining in the middle with moonlight accompanying it. She was astonished by what she saw there. A man was in the middle, almost half dead from the cuts and bruises on his body. He was crawling and continuously begging for mercy. At his front stood a man with a knife in one hand and a gun at another. Unlike the other man he did not have any cuts or bruises on his body. The whole area was surrounded by 30-50 men in black suit with guns in all of their hands.The thing Y/N understood was that the man in the middle had to be the boss and the people around were guards. The back of the boss was facing her so she could not see who it was clearly and the bad lighting was no help.

She understood that this place was not going to be safe and started going backwards. But luck was not on her side, she stepped on a bundle of rods which made a sound loud enough to let those men know that someone was present there.

"Noone should be able to escape" the boss shouted and the guards started running towards the direction of sound.

Y/N started running as fast as she could and tried to escape but the boss caught a glimpse of who she was and told the guards to stop considering that they will be in great danger if they leave their plan in the middle.

____

Yn kept running as fast as she could until she reaches home. She looks behind to see if they are still following her but finds nobody. She opens the door of her house and goes inside. She was breathless from all that running so she goes to the fridge in the kitchen and grabs a glass of water and drinks it up in one go.

Y/N then goes to her mother's room to see if she had fallen asleep. She finds her mother sleeping peacefully. She goes near her mother and kisses her forehead.

"I'm sorry mom" she speaks as she leaves her mother's room after closing the door.

_______

"I want all information about her"

"Sir we will try our best"

_______

Y/N goes to her bedroom, gets into her pajamas and lays down trying to sleep. She could not stop thinking of the scene she saw today. Eventually she fell asleep.

Next day she woke up and started getting ready for university. She wore casual sweatpants, a crop top and sneakers. She came downstairs and sat down at the dining table. Her mother was preparing breakfast for her.

_______

I hope you guys are liking the story till here. Pls vote, comment and share this story. And keep supporting