To afraid -

It was April 1965, two semesters more and I'll be on my way to college. I thought I met the love of my life, but I was to scared to tell him how I really felt.

And to mess things up way more than before I was finding myself, and found my passion my purpose in this life, but without the approval of my parents I would be nothing. I felt like no one really knew me, and how could they, I don't even know myself.

Him and I met at chemistry class, the teacher put us as partners and I lowkey really enjoyed his company, we became friends, we used go out a lot, mostly to the cinema, he was such a gentleman and also very funny.

He basically was all I ever wanted, few months later our friendship grew up, and sadly my feelings were starting to change, the affection I once felt as friend or a brother from another family, suddenly turned into love and maybe obsession.

One day I felt like it was finally time to tell him, and I did and he felt the same way about me. We didn't start dating because my parents did not let me have relationships, but I thought we were in love.

Weeks later all of our friends and me surprised him on his birthday, he was shocked and I could feel the happiness and excitement he felt in that exact moment, that night him and his mom took me home, he grabbed my hand all the time and I felt loved and safe, I was happy, he made me feel happy... little did I knew it was all going to be over soon.

Some days had already past, and I was going to ask him to be my boyfriend (as a secret love), but fear was always there and I didn't had the chance do it. Every day he seemed to be trying to get away from me, and this just happened in less than a month, now I regret everything, I lost a friend, a soulmate, soulmates aren't always meant to be, but I was to afraid to lose him, and at the end I still lost him too.