Prologue

PROLOGUE

MITSURI'S POV

Although I've had an absolutely ideal life, I've always felt a sense of loneliness. I was born with a silver spoon in my mouth, I have a large number of friends, I do well in all of my school courses, and I come from a respectable family (although we are not very close to one another). So where does this loneliness and emptiness come from?

I wander through the landscapes that I see almost every day. I paced my tracks, trying to figure out what's missing from my life.

"Mitsuri!" My friend, Shinobu called me from the outside. I was spacing out at the balcony of my room. Admiring the sun setting over the horizon, which creates a lovely burst of colors in the sky.

I looked down to her and she was waving her hand. I raised my right hand and waved, I nodded at her. "I'm coming down!" I said.

"Alright, I'll wait at your living room." She said.

I fixed my hair and dressed nicely. Shinobu made the decision to pay a visit to our mansion today. She is aware that I am not really close with my family and hence pays me frequent visits.

Suddenly, the balcony doors slammed open, allowing a quite strong wind to blow into my bedroom. As I darted my gaze to the open balcony doors, my hair swirled in the breeze.

I was pretty sure that I locked this tight earlier.

As I proceeded towards the balcony doors to close them once more, something sprang into my thoughts, like an old forgotten memory. It was an old reminiscence that I had never encountered before in my life.

""If we ever get reborn, if we're born again as human beings, will you make me your wife?"

"Of course. If you say you're fine with someone like me, then I will definitely make you happy."

As my heart thumped in agony, I cradled it in my palms.

What was that?