Memories of the great General Xuan Zhen

"MU QING!" Xie lian exclaimed as he saw his friend got struck by sinister energy, directly on his head. Mu qing collapsed and Xie lian managed to arrive right on time to catch the latter.

"Shit what happened to him?" Feng xin's voice sounded from afar, approaching the two. "I managed to kill the pest but he managed to muster up the remaining part of his energy to find his last victim." Feng xin said as he knelt down next to the two, checking on Mu qing.

"It's probably a final attempt to find a new vessel." Xie lian guessed as he felt Mu qing's pulse, flowing calm spiritual energy into his body.

Xie lian closed his eyes for a moment to check if Mu qings qi circulation is normal while Feng xin on the other hand just looked at the two, wiping the spurts of blood on his skin.

"Well?" He asked. Xie lians eyebrow twitched. He opened his eyes and glanced at Mu qing with a worried face.

"His qi is distorted and his mind is in disarray. I think the spirit is trying to destroy his consciousness by messing up with his mind. Through his memories, I'm assuming." Xie lian said.

"Damn that bad?" Feng xin asked and also glanced at Mu qing. His face was twitching. Turning his head left and right like he's trying hard to fight something back. Grumbling something they both couldn't comprehend.

"What can we do? Let's contact Ling wen." Feng xin says and was about to recite Ling wen's verbal array password when Xie lian stopped him.

"I know a way San lang taught me." He says as he placed Mu qing gently on the ground. "It's to connect people's minds. To be able to invade one's unconscious realm. If our deduction is right, then someone should connect with Mu qing." Xie lian explained while looking at Feng xin.

"Me?" Feng xin asked. Xie lian smiled and shrugged as response. "I'm the one who knows the spell. Come, come. We must not delay any further, lest we want to lose a friend." Xie lian seriously urged as he guided Feng xin to lay down next to Mu qing.

"I'm gonna beat that ghost's ass I swear to fucking god." Feng xin muttered as he closed his eyes.

"Feng xin, you have to hold Mu qings hand."

Feng xin cracked his eyes open and threw a glare at Xie lian. "What?"

"C'mon we don't have much time." Xie lian sighs, taking his and Mu qing's hand and intertwined their fingers together.

Feng xin pursed his lips as he closed his eyes again. He felt a warm energy slowly entering from his fingertips, to his hand, until it travelled all the way to his arm and circulated on his whole body, syncing with his own spiritual energy.

'It's warm.' He thought. Seconds later he heard faint voices of two people. It felt near but also at the same time, very far away.

He opened his eyes slowly and found himself inside a run down house. Infront of him was a bed with someone laying on top of it, covered with patched up blankets. The bedridden woman was talking to someone next to the bed, where a youth sat, holding her hands.

"Qing-er. How are you doing in Mt. Taicang? Did you make any friends?" The woman asked, her voice frail.

"Mother, I am but a lowly servant how dare I make friends with them?" The teen Mu qing replied to which Feng xin reacted with a frown.

With his statement, his mother went silent. "Oh." She only muttered, seemingly down.

Seeing her sulk, Mu qing hesitantly added. "But... the Royal Highness, the crown prince, he is indeed a good person. Kind of naive, but still a good person."