Jace | Chap. 73

The scent of booze oozed from the car, assailing my nose with such a tang, it almost made me gag. I sighed, trying my best to keep what little food I had in me where it belonged. It was hard to keep a straight face when this prick was around.

Diego is the definition of dipshit. Loud, unclean, has no discipline whatsoever. In the name of Selene, the guy barely knew how to use a godam condom; surprised he doesn't have any offspring of his own by now- not any that I know of at least... I pushed the thought aside and reminded myself I had more important business to attend to.

Diego grogily made his way to me, stammering alongside the chicks escorting him. A booze stained breath came flowing my as he smiled smugly.

"Is that my dear cousin!?" He blurted out, sounding like a Jack Sparrow ripoff.

I groaned, keeping myself together. "I need to see Alpha Patton. I have important news to deliver-

- Oh the old man? Haha, won't be seeing him around no more!" I blinked, confused. Either the alcohol fumes were getting to me, or he was high on some shit.

"Where's Alpha Patton?

- Listen cousin, we don't need him! Come on, lay it on me, me kasa... whatever the fuck kasa, ke?

- Diego, I don't have time for this, where is ALPHA PATTON!?

- He's dead." The words struck me to my core, forcing me to practically snap my neck to see who had spoken from behind. It didn't take much of a look for me to recognize Felix's iconic red mane as he stood by.

"Argon." Finally someone sobber to talk some sense into Diego. Standing at 7'2, Argon was easily the biggest werewolf and most likely the last of his kind; the Dire werewolf. Creatures of legend, even to their own kind, Dire Wolves are known to have been the strongest wolves to have walked the earth, characterized by their unusual height and eerie heterochromatic irises. Wasn't much the talkative type either, at least he'd be enough to get Diego back into the mansion before he broke his nose or something.

I watched silently as the giant stepped down the stairs, barely flinching his knees before he picked up Diego right off the ground. It was quite comedic to watch him dangle helplessly like a potato sac from the man's back, all dignity stripped away. I smirked and followed as Argon settled my cousin into the living room after he walked through the alleyway without breaking a single sweat. At least I was able to take a good look at my cousin and the sight was simply disappointing; scrawny, unclean, the smell of booze and bodily fluids oozing from his clothes and skin. Knowing Wolves have a much higher tolerance to alcohol than humans means he must've been drinking litters after litters to get that drunk. Wouldn't he surprised if he smoked or sniffed a few in between to.

I remained speechless as three skinny girls, all Omegas by their scent alone, immediately walked in and started cleaning him up, their gestures calculated and mechanical even. This wasn't their first time... The smallest girl placed a bucket my his feet and began washing his face delicately while the others gently took off his shirt.

What the fuck, are they stripping him!?

To my relief they didn't seem to have any interest in taking off his pants but the scene was nonetheless quite uncomfortable to look at. Didn't help Diego kept squirming and made lewd remarks towards the girls, even went as to make full on advances. At last, the girls finished their work, picked up their equipment and quietly left the room. My cousin simply limped onto th3 backseat of the couch, shirtless but at least he was cleaned. Didn't hide the strong scent of alcohol that coated his body from invading the very room.

I turned to Argon, but the giant seemed to be made of stone with his eerie gaze locked intently onto his Alpha. A look of sole disappointment and judgement filled his eyes, but it was hard to tell what was going trough his mind with a face like his.

"How long has he been doing this?

- A long time." He groaned with a husky voice.

That didn't help... I pinched the bridge of my nose, irritated. Then I remembered what he told me earlier and worry became to settle in. "What happened to my uncle?

- He died."

I growled. "So I was told... but I'd like to know WHAT happened to him!"

Argon barely lifted a brow, keeping himself completely calm and unphased by my reaction. Is he mocking me?

"Jace?" FINALLY!

I turned to look at the couch, where now laid prince handsome with his eyes wide and glossy from the amount of booze he ingested. He chuckled, passing a damp cloth over his face. "Heh, long time no see cousin.

- Likewise..." I sneered, tired of this already irritating day. "Seems you had quite the adventure.

- Heh, what can I say? The chicks love me!" His voice was hoarse but at least he was awake and... somewhat standing. I watched pitifully as he grogily made his way to the kitchen in the other room then poured himself a large glass of ice cold water before chugging it down in one go.

Argon and I followed, but I stayed inside the opening frame of the supporting wall, leaning onto it while I watched. The giant kept close to his Alpha like a dam puppy dog, kind of a pathetic faith for such a powerful being like him. He could Alpha if he wanted... nonetheless at the end of the day, it was best he remained the obeying pup he is; no one would dare face an Alpha Dire Wolf.

"So, cousin. Why don't you tell me everything I've missed in the last, what- fifteen or so ears of your life?" Diego's words made me focus back onto him but I wasn't in the mood for casual chit chat.

"We'll get to that later, we need to talk-

- Bah, we'll have time for that later, surely you must've gotten through a lot to get here. Why don't you rest? Wash up, eat something, get a little bed time with the girls hehe." He turned around at his last words, this time pouring himself a can of Coke amongst the leftover ice.

I took in a sharp breath, trying my best to stop myself from punching him square in the jaw.

"Diego...

- Oh where's your old man? Haven't seen him yet, how is he doing?

- HE'S DEAD, DIEGO!" The words flew out of my mouth with much more anger than I intended. At least it still caught my cousin's attention as intended.

He froze at my words, as if the weight of the situation finally sunk into his thick skull. "I... Shit, man. I'm sorry to hear." His shoulders rolled, stiff from the iron grip of his clenched hands. "How did he-?

- Rogues. They took us by surprise. Swarmed the court with silver bullets. Killed many of our own, including my father. We were overrun and had no choice but to abandon the mansion.

- Fuck dude." He passed a hand over his dark mane, turning towards me. "Guess you... came here for your entitlement didn't you?

- Exactly. Once I gain my proper title, I'll be able to get things back in check and settle down."

Diego hummed thoughtfully, a rather distant look glazing over his eyes. His silence sent a worried chill down my spine; I knew that look all to well and it never meant anything good to come.

"I'm sorry cousin but... I can't give you your title."

Argon

Argon

-*-

Remember to COMMENT and VOTE for more!