[13] the party and end

The day passed by rather quickly, despite being locked up in the Healing Center the entire time. Keefe and Ro hung around for a while until Elwin finally forced Keefe to go back and attend his classes.

Elwin made me take a couple more nasty elixirs that I was just barely able to gulp down.

I think I had enough strength to show up at the Vacker's house for the party tonight. Keefe will be excited to see that I'll show up.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-

Keefe and Ro had shown up at the Healing Center before the party started. I had gotten out of bed and put on this glittery red dress, hoping that I'd get a compliment from a certain someone.

"I knew you'd decide to go!" Ro shouted.

I blushed a bit when my eyes met Keefe's.

"You look beautiful..." he murmured.

I only blushed more.

"Okay, enough of this staring into each other's eyes. It's party time now!" Ro said impatiently.

My eyes suddenly darted in a different direction. I didn't realize I was still staring into Keefe's eyes.

Ro grabbed mine and Keefe's hands and started to drag us out of the Healing Center.

"Wait, aren't you coming, Elwin?" I asked before Ro could drag me out of the room.

He looked at me and smiled, "I am, I'll just be a bit late." Elwin informed.

Before I could say anything else, Ro dragged me and Keefe out of the room and shut the door. She stayed inside leaving Keefe and me alone.

"Meet you guys there!" Ro grinned as she shut the door on us. She purposely locked it so we couldn't go back inside the Healing Center.

An awkward moment of silence swept by before Keefe said, "so, how are you feeling?"

"Fine," I responded softly.

Keefe scooted over to me and grabbed me with his warm hand.

It made me jump.

"Sorry, I thought we should go to the party awhile. Don't wanna show up late and miss out on all the fun." Keefe said awfully quiet.

I nodded.

Keefe pulled out a crystal and we leaped to Everglen.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-

Keefe held my hand as we wandered to the entrance of Everglen. My face was tinted in light pink.

It was rather quiet here. I expected at least a couple of people to be hanging around outside. Maybe we were just the first people here? Or everybody is inside?

Keefe dragged me to the entrance. I almost tripped over my sparkly dress a couple of times, but he would ensure that I wouldn't fall.

He didn't even bother knocking, Keefe just shoved the doors open.

And to my surprise, the Vacker's house was way fancier than usual. It was all decorated for a party. Felt more like a high-class wedding reception. White ribbons were hanging across the walls, and flowers filled the entrance in every direction you looked. I think the chandelier might've even been switched out, too.

"Y/N!" Bianna charged toward me and locked me into a tight hug that almost knocked me to the ground.

"You're awake?!" She exclaimed.

The others heard Biana shout my name and soon made their way to the entrance where Keefe and I were.

"Y/n!" Sophie joined the embrace, which soon turned into a group hug with everyone in the room.

"Now, now, don't overwhelm her." Della walked in.

As soon as everyone stepped away from me I noticed Tam leaning against the wall on the other side of the room. I guess he wasn't interested in group hugs, and to my surprise, my heart did not flutter when I saw him. I guess my attraction to him was just temporary. All my attraction went towards Keefe now.

I had so much fun during the party. Biana forced me, Sophie, and Linh to get makeovers and spent a good hour decorating our faces with makeup. She wanted to do the boys as well, but they all refused.

After getting a face full of makeup I met back up with the boys and enjoyed the food. Elwin had arrived at that time and had told me repeatedly to take it easy and that I'm still recovering. I didn't pay attention to him. I just wanted to have fun. With my friends.

None of them treated me differently from my past.

It made me so happy to finally have people in my life I can trust and rely on.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-

After dinner, everyone went to the ballroom to dance. Who knew the Vacker's had a ballroom? With a house their size, who knows what type of rooms exist in this building.

The ballroom had a dimmed chandler on the center ceiling making the room feel more complete. Everyone was dancing to some slow music that was playing in the background.

I circled around the room looking for Keefe. I wanted to dance with him.

A hand suddenly grabbed my hand from behind and dragged me off to a balcony outside. Showcasing the starry night sky.

I looked up to notice the person who dragged me to the balcony was Keefe. I mean, who else would?

"I was looking for you," I murmured.

I don't think he heard me when he said, "Pepper, I mean Y/n. there is something important I need to tell you."

I knew it was important because he was actually using my name. My heart was racing at this point and my mind only had one idea.

I nodded slightly.

Keefe moved his arm and gently placed his hand under my chin to prop my face in his direction.

"I love you."

He moved his face closer until our lips pressed together. His lips were so soft and warm.

When we pulled back I gently muttered, "I love you too."

I pulled him into a tight hug. I never wanted to let go.

Unfortunately, Keefe pulled back from the hug after about a minute.

He had a charming smile on his face and held his hand out to me.

"Will you dance with me?" Keefe asked.

"Yes!" I grabbed his hand with no hesitation.

We walked back into the ballroom where we danced off the rest of the night.

My life started off as a mess, until I met Keefe. Everything changed. I was finally able to start the happy era of my life.

____________

IM SORRY FOR THE DELAY! I was lacking motivation and was busy with school. ITS FINALLY FINISHED NOW!!! Im really happy i was able to complete this! And I want to thank everyone who took the time to read my story! Its the first fanfic ive posted and my writing skills are not top tier, but i'll improve off of my mistakes and make more, better, fanfics in the future <3

THANK YOU AGAIN!! All the support you guys have given to me means so much <3<3

:D

:D