in the beginning

IN THE BEGINNING

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth and the earth was without form, and void. God said let there be light and there was light, he divided the light from the darkness. He called it day and night. God created the water and the sky dividing the world, creating; sky, water and land. Then he created the sun, the moon and the stars. Then God created creatures of the water, of the sky and then of the land. Animals of all sizes and shapes.

'And God said, let us make man in our image, after our likeliness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.'

God created man... Then he created a woman, out of the man he created. He called them Adam and Eve...

You can have anything and everything here in the garden but do not eat from that tree. The tree of knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not ear of it. For in the day that you eat it you shall surely die.

He told them once that everything was theirs. But the serpent said Just one bite from the forbidden fruit it wouldn't hurt. It couldn't possibly be that bad if God created it. So take a bite, and everything will be yours.

So they did... And then God left.

God was angry with them and their behavior. He left because they disobeyed him. As soon as he left the flowers started to wilt and the river stopped flowing, the animals turned against one another and Adam and Eve... They were naked... They were embarrassed and ashamed. They ran and hid covering themselves in leaves. It's going to be hard but not impossible living without God the serpent said as he inspected the wilting flowers.

The serpent told them everything would be fine... but Eve had a fear growing inside of her, that what they had done was about to destroy everything.