Ch. 1 - The First Day

When my alarm clock went off in the morning, it took me some time to get out of the safety and warmth of my bed, even though I knew that today would be my first day at U.A. I managed to get out of bed after five minutes, and threw on my school uniform, going to the bathroom to style my hair a bit, so I didn't look like a total mess. After I was done styling the half-white, half-black mess, there was still an hour or so before I had to show up to school, so I checked if I packed all my stuff, then grabbed a cracker or two, which would be my breakfast for today. I didn't eat much in the morning anyways, I was always nauseous and couldn't manage to get more then a piece of fruit or a cracker inside before I felt full.
While I was munching on the dry cracker, different thoughts were going through my mind. It was the first day of school, and I was nervous. What if my new class didn't like me? Would they reject me, just like everyone in elementary did? I sighed, taking another bite of my food. I wasn't really confident about anything, I mean, no-one had ever taught me how to deal with a new school or new people, and sometimes I did wish that my parents had lived long enough to teach me certain things.

You see, my parents both died not long after I was born. One died while doing his internship, the other committed suicide after finding out about the accident that caused his lover to perish.
It is a sad story really, but I guess I couldn't do much about it. I had been placed in the orphanage, and I owned my own appartement now, even though I was just sixteen. I worked a part-time job at the cafe, and seeing as my landlord knew about my situation, he didn't let me pay too much and checked up on me from time to time.

Well anyways, when I saw that it was almost time to leave, I left my appartement with my backpack and locked the door behind me, and took the stairs down, leaving the small appartement complex. It was a nice and sunny day outside, no wind blowing. A perfect day for a nice walk to school. A nice, long, stressful walk to a place where I didn't even want go to.

Oh, right. I haven't explained my quirk yet. Well, it's the same as my dad's, just a little modified. I could make clouds, strong enough to stand on, and I could turn them to whatever I wanted. I used the humidity in the air to create them, and that was about it, but I didn't use it much since it was a lame quirk, and I didn't know the full extent of it since my dad couldn't teach me how to use it.

Anyways.
When the big building finally came into sight, I could feel myself cramping inside. I didn't wanna go in. I didn't want to meet all those new people. It scared me. What if they didn't like me? What if they were rude to me? My hands started sweating at the thought of having to go through three years of hell while being beaten up 'Not like I'm not used to it' I thought to myself bitterly, biting my lip. There were a lot of people going in, all with the same uniform, chattering and talking.

God.
Too much people and too much sound.

I've always hated that.
I waited until it was a little cleared up, then breathed out, clenching my backpack tightly, and walked through the front gates, my breathing becoming unstable as I felt myself starting to panic inside, as I always did when I was anxious.
Just a few deep breaths, you'll be okay, your class will be nice, everybody will like you. Forcing myself to move my foot in front of the other, I made my way inside the school, going to the lockers and getting ready to go to my class.
What was in the letter again? 1-A, or was it 1-B...? I groaned, and grabbed the fumbled up piece of paper out of my pocket, taking a quick look at it before stuffing it into my locker.
1-A. Right. I closed my locker and went up the stairs, looking for my classroom, which was easily found because it was the loudest class.
When I walked inside, I was a bit relieved to see that people were too busy talking to notice me coming in.
Good. I scanned the class, and decided on a place in the back, but I got a bit distracted by a scene happening not far from where I chose my seat.

"Get your feet of the table! This is school property, you should treat it with respect as many students before us have done-"

"Oh shut it Glasses, nobody's interested in whatever the fuck anyone did with this table before. Tch, now leave me alone"

A spiky-haired blonde and a guy with blue hair and glasses were arguing about the blonde guy keeping his feet on the table. Seeing as I didn't want to be involved, I sat down, and averted my gaze from the scene, folding my hands in my lap and waiting for the lessons to start. In the meanwhile, a greenhead joined the discussion between the blonde and the other guy, and eventually he took his feet off the table, sneering at the new guy before tch'ing again and moving to another place, right in front..of me. Fuck. This was gonna be a great day.

-----------

The teacher entered the classroom not long after, in a yellow sleeping bag, which was quite amusing to some of the students, who burst out laughing when they saw our teacher, who quickly disposed of the bag, and sighed, eyeballing the entire class before he spoke up
"I'm Shota Aizawa, your homeroom teacher. You can just call me Aizawa, or whatever...anyways, we'll be going outside and training immediately. I wanna see if you've got potential or not" With that, he instructed us to put on our training suits in the dressing rooms, and left outside.

Now, here's another problem I have to deal with:
I am trans.
Yep. That's right. Read that again if you didn't get it.
I had been questioning whether I felt like a guy or a girl for a while now, and I had made the decision that I felt myself being a guy. I had bought tight binders, and I was trying to do my best to hide the fact that I was a girl, so while everyone left off to the dressing rooms, I followed them with a knot in my stomach, my hands getting sweaty as I walked further. When they were too busy, I slipped into the guy's bathroom, and changed into my training suit there, making sure that my chest looked flat enough before I walked out.
I got to the field where we would train quickly, and I was a bit relieved to see there weren't much people there yet, just the blonde from earlier, a guy with half white half red hair, another guy with blonde hair and a black lightning bolt across it, and a girl with pink hair and skin. Being the antisocial guy I was, I just stood somewhere apart from that group, looking down at my shoes as I just waited for others to show up so we could start.

Unfortunately for me, the blonde guy with a lighting bolt across his hair came to me along with the pink girl
"Hey dude, what's your name?"
"Uh- I-i'm- uh, I-i'm- Alex"
I stuttered, making a fool of myself. Holy fuck. Great start. The pinkish girl just laughed it off, and introduced herself as Mina Ashido, and the ecstatic blonde as Denki Kaminari
"Nice to m-meet you, I guess?" Denki smiled "Hey, you can call me Sparky or whatever you like, it's totally fine by me"

God. I wanted to dig a hole in the ground and bury myself alive, I hated having to talk to people I barely met. Seeing that I was a bit uncomfortable, they cut it short with a 'See ya' later then!' and left. Phew. That went well enough for a first interaction with my new classmates. At least I didn't fucking make myself ridiculous. While I watched the group get fuller and fuller, I wondered where our teacher was, until he eventually showed up, calling us all to get together, and started explaining

"You're all in U.A now, that means that I, and other teachers, expect you to give it all. This school has accepted you for a reason, so if you don't give all you've got, you don't have the right to be here. To cut it short, this training will decide who gets expelled"

People started panicking a bit and talking, until Aizawa shushed them down

"I will keep your scores throughout the entire training, and whoever ends up in the last place, gets expelled. Is that clear?"

Everyone mumbled a yes, and then Aizawa led us through a few things before we started.

Ah fuck. I hoped he was just joking.