Chapter 03

Eliana's POV

Alice zipped through the streets of Volterra in a stolen yellow Porsche. I sat between Bella and Alice on the center console since there was no backseat. Alice was explaining Edwards plan while Bella was having a tantrum claiming that it was a panic attack after I told her to stop it and calm down.

Although I've never seen a panic attack that looked like a spoiled child wanting an expensive toy a being told no.

We were suddenly stopped by a police officer who told us that we couldn't pass through here as there was a festival going on. Alice told her to go to the clock tower and I sarcastically commented "Don't do anything too dramatic, we'll join the loving reunion later" after she told me to keep quiet and stay out of her way and I was still bitter about her snide remarks throughout the entire trip and couldn't hold it in any longer.

Said comment earn me yet another slap. I guess Bella's decided that violence is the only answer to get what she wants "Shut up! You stupid bitch! You're just jealous because no one will ever love you enough to die for you!" "Bella!" Alice gasped appalled by both the slap and the comment she just said. Bella ignored her and slammed the door while running through the crowded streets.

Alice quickly rested a hand on my arm and turned me to face her so she could assess the damage "Are you okay?" "Don't worry, it's not the first time" I responded before opening the door, getting out, and running after her. I called out "Ci scusi per favore" (Excuse us please) "Sono così dispiaciuto" (I'm so sorry) to all the people Bella knocked over in her haste.

I caught up just in time to see Bella run through a fountain which was so dumb as it only slowed her down and into the clock tower straight into Edward's arms. I jogged around the fountain and told the concerned passerby's "Non preoccuparti. Mia sorella è solo felice di verdere il suo ragazzo dopo così tanto tempo" (Don't worry. My sister is just happy to see her boyfriend after so long). They nodded and continued on their way.

I enter the clock tower and shut the door behind me. Oops, we'll Alice has super strength so she can break the lock. I then approached the couple and rolled my eyes and muttered out "Sul serio? Trovate una stanza boo due, abbiamo menti innocenti nella stanza" (Seriously? Get a room you two, we have innocent minds in the room). Bella turned to face me and rolled her eyes and scoffed "You and your other languages" I glared at her "We're in Italy so I'm speaking Italian, you uncultured swine!"

Edward looked at me and his eyes widened "Eli! What happened to your face?!" I lifted my hand to my cheek and winced. Due to my really pale skin I bruise really bad and very easily, so Bella's weak slaps actually left a mark both times. "Ask her" I said coldly Edwards eyes were the size of dinner plates "Bella! Do you realize what you've done?!" We were then interrupted by two red eyed men walking into the room.

They both wore dark gray cloaks over dark gay modern suits and they both wore 'V' shaped gold crests with a single ruby gemstone. One was shorter that the first but still taller than my 5'1 height and had messy, spiky strawberry blonde hair while the other had messy brown hair that ended just above his ears and had to be at least 6'7 feet tall. The tall man held a red robe over his right arm.

The two men stopped a good five feet away from us.