Chapter 2

After Jack and (y/n) met they didn't really talk to each other and the most interaction they have is (y/n) seeing him in the street and she would sometimes by papers from him. But then one day (y/n) was drawing in the park. "HEY PATCHES! LONG TIME SINCE WE HAD A GENUINE CONVERSATION!!" She heard a familiar voice coming towards her and (y/n) lifted her head just a little bit to see brown shoes with mismatch laces stepping towards her then she lifted her head all the way too see Jack Kelly walking over and sitting next to her on the iron park bench she was sitting on. "Hello Jack, I do suppose we hadn't talked it awhile, also my name is (y/n), not patches," (y/n) responded in a cheerful voice slowly changing to a monotone voice. "Oh please, it's just a nickname. And what ya drawin anyway?" Jack said without a care in the world.

(Y/n) lifted her sketch book slightly just to show him the drawing she made. It was a still life of the park. Jack was blown away and was visually showing it. (Y/n) quietly giggled to herself as she watched him stare.
Ends out Race and Crutchie were watching not to far off and gossiping about the two.

________

"ey Jack, who was that goil youse was with eh?" Race asked once Jack finally got back to the lodging house for the night, "What goil?" Jack looked at Race genuinely confused. "The one youse was with at the park, pretty fancy, (H/C) hair, about as tall as you..." Crutchie continued to give a description of (y/n) until Jack interrupted, "Yes ies know what goil ya talking about but how do ya know Ies was hanging around with ha?" Race and Crutchie soon shut up, too embarrassed to admit they were basically stalking them both. "Exactly..." Jack said in the same tone he use that made all the other newsies think he sounded like a dad.

"She ain't nothing special, just an actress at Medda's theater alright, we just know each other from miss Medda," both Race and Crutchie walked away in defeat and Jack went to the roof top and got ready for bed

_______

Crutchie was asleep but Jack was wide awake thinking about what Race and Crutchie had said earlier. They obviously ment it in a romantic way, why did he care so much? She was pretty sure and had a interest in one of his hobbies but that was it. Right?

(A/N)

Hey sorry this chapter was short I didn't have many ideas also I was impatient and wanted to wright the next part. Also I just want to clarify that Jack and Kathrine just stayed friends in this story.