Prologue

❝𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝑙𝑒𝑠𝑠 𝑤𝑒 𝑡𝑟𝑦 𝑡𝑜 𝑐𝑜𝑛𝑡𝑟𝑜𝑙 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑜𝑠,𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝑚𝑜𝑟𝑒 𝑎𝑡 𝑝𝑒𝑎𝑐𝑒 𝑤𝑒 𝑎𝑟𝑒 𝑤𝑖𝑡ℎ 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑚𝑎𝑑𝑛𝑒𝑠𝑠

𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝑚𝑜𝑟𝑒 𝑎𝑡 𝑝𝑒𝑎𝑐𝑒 𝑤𝑒 𝑎𝑟𝑒 𝑤𝑖𝑡ℎ 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑚𝑎𝑑𝑛𝑒𝑠𝑠.❞

☽︎☾︎

"This is impossible! Get her!"

The h/c haired girl ran through the halls, narrowly avoiding people as she was chased. She ran around the corners, using her magic to move objects and people out of the way, mostly making them land in a barricade behind her.

"Cut her off!" Blasts hit the walls around her as she maneuvered around obstacles she came across.

"Hey, hey, hey, are you okay?" the all too familiar man asked her, his steely eyes peering down at her.

"I need to get out of here. Please help me," she pleaded.

He looked back, seeing the pursuers, before grabbing her hand. "Follow me." The man pulled her through the hallways, while she continued to move things in the way of the people chasing her.

"What's the rush? Are you okay?" a second man asked.

"She needs to escape. Do you have the bag?"

"Yeah, of course," he replied, pulling a bag out from behind a desk. He handed it to her and pressed a button. "There's money, clothes, a key to an apartment, everything you need. Along with some things to remember us by."

"Like I could forget you," she chuckled sadly. She roped the two men into a hug, forcing herself not to cry. "I'm gonna miss you guys so much."

"We'll miss you too. Now go, before they catch you," the first announced.

"Thank you, Loki."

"Of course."

"I owe you both so much. Thank you for everything you've done for me, Mobius."

"I had to. I couldn't just leave you on your own."

"You practically raised me. And I won't forget it."

"She has to be here somewhere!" the voice of Renslayer exclaimed.

She turned to the orange portal, taking a deep breath before turning to look back at Loki and Mobius, regretting that she did. Tears threatened to spill from both of their eyes. "I love you guys." The door was blasted off it's hinges, causing her to panic, pushing them back with her magic, giving one last wave to the men, before stepping through the portal, her eyes closed.