Westminster Palace, London, England, Winter 1458

Even though we get back to Cardiff in time to celebrate my 18th birthday in May, I do not stay there long. That winter I travel again as Elizabeth is with child for the second time and Jacquetta is as well. In December I am at Gorby Hall when Elizabeth is brought to bed with a healthy baby boy. They name him Richard after his grandfather and he looks exactly like his mother.

"What a blessing you are to the Greys," Jacquetta remarks as she holds her second grandchild. "Another baby: and a boy."

"You would think they would thank me for it," Elizabeth says warily. "John is dear to me as ever, but his mother does nothing but complain."

"She is your mother-in-law," I tease as Elizabeth laughs. "I think I got lucky with Cecily, but even she can be too much to handle at times. She has that untirable pride that your mother-in-law has, although she is friendlier than Margaret Grey I think."

"Oh, you two and your mother-in-law's!" Jacquetta laughs. "As for your situation Elizabeth, perhaps it is time for you to to move into another one of the Grey houses. Perhaps there is not room for two mistresses at Gorby Hall."

"Perhaps I should come to court," Elizabeth says. "I could serve Queen Margaret and stay with you."

"It's no pleasant place at the moment," I warn my cousin.

"Eliza's right," Jacquetta agrees. "It would not even be so for a lady-in-waiting, which you would be. Your father and I have to go back, and I dread what I will find."

I cannot help but dread it too.

I am pregnant again. Five months to be exact. I with the anticipation of another York baby on the way, the household was joyous. That was until my husband entered Cardiff Castle with a note from Jacquetta. His face is grave and I can already tell he was about to bring me news I do not want to hear.

"Just tell me Edward," I say to him though I am unprepared. "It cannot be any worse than what we have already endured."

"Queen Margaret has formally accused Warwick of treason," he tells me, his face ashen. "She has commanded him to London to stand trial before Parliament which is packed with her supporters. Eliza, the punishment for treason is death! She wants to kill him!"

My hand immediately goes to my belly where a new life is growing within me. I cannot even imagine death right now, I do not want to when I am so preoccupied with the little girl that is to join us in the spring. I did the ring test a couple days ago and I was excited to learn that Edward and I will welcome a third daughter.

"Write to your father and to your uncle. Salisbury will not stand by while his son is carted off to London like a lamb for slaughter!"

"They are powerless to stop it," Edward rages. He marches around the room until he accidentally runs into a chair. It takes them a split second to kick it across the room, causing me to shrink back in freight as he screams, "Dammit Eliza! Look what that witch has done now! She will kill this family, I'm sure of it! She will come for every last one of us until there isn't one drop of York blood left on English soil. She's a vindictive woman and she-wolf!"

I find myself agreeing with him.

Edward insists we go to London. He grew up with Warwick and he is unwilling to let his beloved cousin go through this ordeal alone. I insist on coming too, however I order that we do not take the girls and we leave Lizzie and Marie at home with their governess. We bring Sir Thomas along with us to London and order the rest of our defenseman to stay at the castle and protect our daughters till we arrive back.