21

Louis Tomlinson

My mates and I were watching a football game on the television for a while when the front door swings open, and in barges a very distraught, clearly high Harry. Everyones heads turn in his direction, but he's there and gone before anyone can ask any questions. His long legs take him up the long flight of stairs fairly quickly, and he makes it to his room with a slam of his door.

"I'll go check on him after the game." I state blankly, not wanting to involve my houseguests with the current drama thats been going on around here. 

Everyone quickly goes back to watching the last bit of the game, but my anxiety peaks, and I can't seem to sit still. I know how fragile Harry is, and I'm not sure what could have made him this way. Granted he has been out most nights, and when he comes home, he's too plastered to talk about anything. But I know the breakup between him and Anna didn't go very well. I thought he would turn things around though, considering he was writing again after her. I heard he got a couple decent tracks together but I have yet to hear anything.

Lately all it seems is that he is in and out of the house, with various women and various forms of pharmaceuticals helping him cope. I never want to be one to pry, because I know how he gets. He closes off and doesn't let anyone in. To this day I have only seen the man break down infront of anyone a handful of times, and most of those were during Anna's kidnapping. 

My mind immediately goes to Anna, and how good she became for him. But I also know that she is probably the reasoning for the sudden outburst from him tonight. There have been nights where I wake up to Harry screaming in his sleep for her, but I know it would be embarrassing for him if I were to wake him up, so I usually just lay in bed at night waiting for him to wake himself up, calm himself down and get back to sleep. 

The kid doesn't know how much I actually worry about him.

Around 20 minutes later, I'm pulled from my incessant thoughts to all of my mates cheering for our home team as they score the winning goal. I try my best to play along, but my own head has gotten the better of my mood at the moment. 

I take my time saying goodbye to everyone before I walk them out and shut the front door. I decide to pick up a bit, because it's getting late and I already heard the bath running in Harry's room, and I'm sure he isn't wanting to be bothered.

After cleaning up the living room and kitchen, I finally make my way up to the bedrooms, and give Harry's door a slight knock. 

No answer.

I take it upon myself, as his best mate, to go in anyways. The room is dark, and his clothes are strewn about the floor and the only light is the one coming from underneath the bathroom floor. 

I take a few steps into the room and I notice that the bath is still running. I walk further towards the bathroom door and the closer I get, I notice that there is water running beneath the door and out into Harry's bedroom. 

Panic in me rises as I run over to the bathroom door and give it a knock, hopefully one thats loud enough that will wake Harry out of the drugged state he appeared to be in.

No answer.

I begin to pound on the door, and trying the handle repeatedly as if there was going to be some magic way that it would unlock.

"Harry!" I shout into the door.

I keep shouting his name while red hot tears stream down my face. 

"Boys! Get in here!" I scream into the dark hallway towards the other boys' rooms.

I start throwing my shoulder into the door, trying to get it to break, but nothing is working. The door isn't moving, and the water is still running.

"You fuckers! I need you!" I shout again, louder this time which causes all three doors to open in a panic.