4

I knocked almost immediately after getting home from the club. Still wearing the black minidress and my makeup from the night before, luckily I was smart enough to remove the very painful stilettos I had been wearing so my feet didn't ache anymore.

Groaning, I blinked my eyes a few times trying to adjust to the sunlight that was blaring into the room around me. I could've sworn I closed those curtains last night.

"Rise and shine sleepyhead, I brought coffee and a bacon, egg, and cheese bagel for that hangover." The familiar gruff voice drifted in from the living room.

Dex. That explains the curtains then. Groaning even more I tried to move my pillow over my head to shield me from the light and let me sleep in some more but Dex's annoying self came barging into my room again at the same moment.

"Oh no you don't. I know you too well Skylar Sanders. If you sleep in anymore you're not waking up the rest of the day. Ax has already been blowing your phone up; I know because he's been blowing mine up to complain about you not answering yours."

"God you guys are way too overprotective." I throw the pillow in the direction Dex's voice is coming and look over at him as it hits.

Dex chuckles at my tantrum and shrugs "Better safe than sorry. Ax knows you and he also knows how you are when he's away." A buzzing sounds from his pocket "Oh, speak of the devil." Dex smiles at me as he answers his phone, making it obvious that it's Ax on the other end.

"Yeah, well Axton doesn't need to worry over me like I'm five. I'm 24 now for Christ sake, I can handle myself just fine." I yell loud enough for Ax to hear through the phone.

Putting his cell on speaker so we both could hear, Dex came over and sat next to me on my bed.

"Well hello to you too little sis. Why didn't you pick up when I called? It's two in the afternoon."

"Shit, is it really? Sorry, I have a pretty nasty hangover from the club last night. What's up?"

"Just checking in, I've been pretty busy and wanted to make sure you were ok. Dex said he left after the match last night and you stayed back with Ryna? He also mentioned something about a party this weekend?"

Looking at Dex I smirked, whispering "I thought you weren't taking the heat for that?"

"I figure we'd both probably benefit from getting out of the house for a bit, I don't care to have your friend around me all night but at least you'd be around friends and can enjoy yourself."

"Thanks Dex." Turning back to the conversation with Ax I added "Yeah, I only stayed at the club for a little longer. Some weirdo wouldn't leave us alone so we left; shouldn't be anything to worry about he seemed harmless. And Ryna is holding a party at her parents since they're away this week so I told her I'd go. Not sure who all she's inviting but if Dex is there it should be fine. How's Cali?"

"Fine, as long as Dex is with you. And California is good; a lot hotter than New York. I'm glad I came to this expo though, I've tattooed some crazy stuff so far. I have a couple I'll have to show you when I get back." There was a beat of silence before Ax continued. "I miss you Sky."

"I miss you too Ax..." 

"I got to get ready to head back in, they have me booked full today. Love you Sky. Keep an eye on her for me Dex."

"Love you too Ax!"

"You know I will man, be safe over there."

"I will. Thanks dude." The line disconnected as Ax hung up, leaving Dex and I sitting there in the silent aftermath.

"Soooo, you said something about coffee and a breakfast bagel?" My eyes are expectant on Dex, hoping he was serious about his declaration earlier.

Chuckling he got up, heading in the direction of the living room. "Why don't you take a shower and we'll hangout and watch a movie or something while you eat. Come out to the living room when you're ready."

Hopping up, I rushed into the bathroom across the hall to get ready.

Dex and I spent the whole day just lounging on the couch binging whatever we could find. Junk food, movies, and relaxing does wonders to improve the soul. Then later on around 4 Dex gets a text to come into the MC to help out with their get together tonight so I'm left alone in my thoughts. 

The quiet is suddenly too much and the dimly lit room begins to close in. I can feel my breathing hitch and have to lay my head down between my legs to calm my self. Deep breaths to get the air I need and quiet the budding panic attack threatening me.

Deciding that wallowing in the quiet is probably not the best idea, I grab for the remote and push past the nauseous feeling in my gut, doing what I usually did when I was home alone. I switched the tv to Youtube and looked up videos of Griffin's previous fights.