Arthur I

273 AC - THE GREAT HALL WITHIN THE RED KEEP, KING'S LANDING

HE COULDN'T HELP BUT ALLOW HIS GAZE TO FIXATE ON HER FROM WHERE HE STOOD AT, WATCHING HER MOVEMENTS AS SHE SAT AT THE HIGH TABLE BESIDE HER BROTHER, ALONG WITH THE KING AND QUEEN. She was wearing a red gown with long sleeves, a slit on her right side almost teasing the room with something they would never see.

Each of her fingers was decorated with a ring, and while it might be too much on some women, Elaena was not some woman, she was a dragon. A true beauty of old Valyria. She hadn't left the table all night despite many offers for a dance by many of the high lords in the king's court. She sat straight, chin lifted with confidence, only quietly chatting to Rhaegar, and allowing her eyes to gaze around the room in what he knew to be boredom.

A part of him watched to forget his vows, stroll up to the high table and ask the princess for a dance- but he knew that wasn't an opinion for him. She would be marrying Rhaegar within the year, and besides, she was far above his own birth.

So instead, he settled for allowing his eyes to fixate on her while scanning the room for any dangers that may be lurking in the shadows.

Elaena had always been sweet to him, caring of his opinions. She had a way of making Arthur feel like a fool when he was around her. He was a young lad when he decided to pledge himself to the king, swearing with that to never hold any land of his own, to never take a wife, and to never have children. He remembered when he first met the princess Elaena, his breath had been pulled from his chest, even as a young girl.

She had only been ten and one at the time, but already the most beautiful girl in the realm. As soon as he laid eyes on her, he knew the nickname The Realm's Delight was no lie. She was a delight, but she was a curse placed upon him by the stranger, constantly causing him to question his vows- for him to doubt his honor.

The feast had already been going on for a couple of hours by the time he was dismissed by the King for the evening. He quickly took his leave when Jonothor came to relieve him from his post.

He grabbed himself a flagon of ale, downing the contents. A soft tap was felt on his right shoulder, causing him to turn his head. Seeing a silver-haired princess standing before him, Arthur quickly turned his body and stood a bit straighter. "My princess Elaena..." He smiled softly at her, his head bowing in respect to her.

"Ser Arthur? Will you dance with me?" Elaena's sweet voice asked, batting her lashes at the knight.

She extended an arm to him, an exquisite smile pulling at her plump lips. Arthur's eyebrows furrowed taking a glance around the hall.

He tried to softly dismiss her, but the Valyrian beauty had the loveliest eyes, the perfect shade of purple. He saw what he interpreted to be loneliness deep in her violet orbs, as she glanced around the hall. He could not help but feel captivated by the way her pale skin appeared to be glowing under the candlelight of the hall. She was irresistible.