13.

"I want to show you something."

I didn't question it, and wordlessly followed you. What was the need to hesitate? I trusted you with all my heart, I trusted you more than myself, and I knew that you would never do anything to purposely hurt me.

You took me to a hilltop, carefully leading me through the steepest parts of the hill, not letting me get inconvenienced in any way. When you bowed down like a gentleman, letting me take the final step towards the hilltop, I smiled widely.

For the first time since we had last met, I smiled.

The view was breathtaking. I had never seen anything like it before, and I was so grateful to you for bringing me there. It was a very memorable experience, being there with you.

Sitting on the peak of the hill, you had asked me if I trusted you. Without a second thought or hesitation, I nodded. Of course I trusted you.

Smiling at my enthusiasm, you had brought out a white box. Opening it, you took out a circular, white pill. You held it up to show me. Then, you placed it in my hand.

"Eat it," you had said, "trust me, and eat it. It will help you."

I looked at the tablet in my palm, and looked back up to see you encouraging me to eat it.

And so I did.

x x x