Chapter 1 ( updated )

Luisa Claire Fraser, the only child of the Marquis Fraser family

My parents and I don't have a good relationship because we don't see each other very often and they don't make time for me even when they have extra time. I even mostly celebrate my birthday alone, until one day they came up to me and talked to me, and so I cried and ate a lot of mood which people bully me about.

I heard a knock on my door, and it was my parents who opened it and said,

"Luisa, we have some good news for you!" my mother exclaimed cheerfully, as did my father.

The Duke of Grante responded to the proposed marriage we sent them, and they agreed, which means you'll be married soon

marriage? I'm still a kid."

"You're no longer a child; you're a lady now, and this is a great opportunity; nobody has ever confessed to you before, right?"

I couldn't disagree because my mother was correct; I'd never heard of a boy confessing to me, not even a rumor, and it made me angry.

"I'm 12 years old, and I'm far too young for this."

"Whether you like it or not, you have to act like an elegant Lady if you're going to the Duke's House tomorrow."

"And don't worry, he's 3 years older than you, he'll take good care of you, and I heard he's been practicing his Swordmanship skills these past few days

"

"Is that why you approached me and pretended to be my parents right now?
to coercively rearrange your own daughter?! "

My father slapped my face as hard as he could.
as well as stated "We're doing it for your benefit!
, be thankful you'll be living a carefree life, but keep in mind that this is only an arranged marriage that can be called off at any time, but if you fail, you'll suffer even more, mark my words, Luisa."

They both slammed my door shut as they exited.

I kept my tears at bay while trembling violently.
"Ahh- my face hurts," I moaned, groaning in agony.

"What's up, my lady?

"I heard a maid knock on my door and enter my room

Oh, my! She rushed up to me and asked, "Did the Duke slap you again?" "My lady, my personal maid, expressed concern.

"*Sniffle** Chloe, you're the only one who comforts me; please stay by my side," I said as I hugged her, tears streaming down my cheeks.

"Oh, of course, my lady! "

I told her about the news because she was the only person who consoled me and was present when I was at my weakest.

"You're getting married in an arranged marriage? I mean, isn't it too soon? "

"Yes, but they don't care as long as their status rises, which is what my father and mother always desired."

"So, my lady... When are you going to visit the Duke's Estate, my lady? "

"Tomorrow...."

"Then we should get your outfit ready!

"
"I don't want to go, Chloe," I said, bending to my knees.

"I know you don't want to go, my lady, and I won't let you suffer because of their cruel plans. Perhaps the young master will like you and keep you safe and sound, and Chloe began teasing me.

"**Blushess**why would you tease me like this!

"You are precious and beautiful, my lady, and I know the young master will treasure you and have a good relationship," Chloe began to cheer me up.