Episode 39: Shadow of a Doubt

LET'S CATCH YOU UP TO SPEED...

"I'm Sonic, Sonic the Hedgehog, a student on my path toward becoming a pro hero! What a persistent bunch of hard heads! Just who are they really after anyway? Not only are they chasing me day and night, but now they brought in this huge robot to capture me. I guess they're really determined to get me this time. But do they really believe this is gonna work? I'll show them some mad skills... just gimme three minutes to bring it on!"

Sonic: Man. This game of tag is boring. I'm outta here.

Just as he's about to run, a GUN walker mech like the one Shadow fought before appears in front of him.

GUN Pilot: Halt! You are under arrest! Hands up!

Sonic pounds his fists into his hands and smirks.

Sonic: Hmm. Finally decided to show up, eh? Okay! Bring it on!

Battle Insert:

GUN Pilot: Spider Troop Bigfoot reporting to headquarters. The intruder has been located.

GUN Receptionist: Copy that.

The Mech walks toward Sonic and starts firing at him. He quickly dodges the gunfire, attacking the mech with rapid homing attacks. The mech also fires missiles at Sonic but he's too fast for them, dodging them and redirecting them into the mech.

GUN Pilot: This is Spider Troop Bigfoot. Bigfoot to Headquarters over! We've engaged the enemy and are requesting backup!

Sonic revs up one final; spindash, launching himself at the mech, taking it out of commission, almost effortlessly, as it's destroyed.

GUN Pilot: What?! He's just one Hedgehog! Ah!

Sonic: *smirks* Hey guy, take care!

Just as he defeats the mech, he hears someone laughing.

Sonic looks up and to his surprise, he sees another hedgehog standing on top of the now-defeated GUN mech, tossing a Chaos Drive, and glaring down at him.

Sonic: WHAT?

Shadow: It all starts with this. The key to unlocking the ultimate power.

Sonic: Hey, that's the government tech that those guys think I stole! Now I know what's going on! The military's mistaken ME for the likes of YOU! So... where do ya think you're going with that anyway?

Shadow smirks and says nothing, which gets Sonic fired up.

Sonic: Say something! You fake hedgehog!

Shadow tosses the Chaos Drive once more before catching it.

Shadow: Chaos... CONTROL!

 CONTROL!