3: Squad Seven.

Within my first two weeks living in Konohagakure, the Hokage sent four Jonin to check on me. They answered all of the questions I'd accumulated over time, and they gave me great advice on the village. I was starting to settle into this place and call it home, and I even had a few favorite places to eat. I had a spot in the forest with a small open field where I liked to train, and I was able to get there relatively fast from my apartment. I was comfortable.

Another improvement was managing not to kill my new alarm clock, although I wasn't sure how long that'd last for. Thankfully, this morning in particular posed no threat to the clock. It was a good day today.

It took me no time at all to get out of bed and dress. I ate a small breakfast, put my headband on, and skipped out of my door to the Academy. I was going to be assigned to a team, and I was excited for what was in store.

"I'm with WHO? What?" I shouted angrily, standing up in my seat. Squad Seven – Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura. Definitely not the prize pick. I didn't think any of us were compatible as comrades, and it was an absolute mess of a decision for a multitude of reasons. "We're a squad of four?! That's not—"

"Fubuki," Iruka cut me off before I spiraled out. "There are two uneven squads this year. This is the best accommodation for this type of situation. We don't want to hold anyone back for the sake of making squads even."

I huffed, sitting back down, slumping in my seat. This team was going to be my demise, I was sure of it.

Naruto piped up next, standing up as he pointed at Sasuke. "Iruka Sensei, why does a great ninja like me have to be in the same group as a slug like Sasuke?"

Sasuke didn't react to Naruto's insult in the slightest. Iruka frowned at Naruto, but kept his composure. "Sasuke has the best scores of all the graduating students. Naruto, you have the worst scores. To create a balanced group, we put the best student with the worst student."

Naruto was angered by this comment, but he didn't make any followup comment.

Without turning his head, Sasuke cooly replied, "Just make sure you don't get in my way. Loser."

"Hey! What'd you say?"

"Hard of hearing?"

Sakura interjected now. "Knock it off, Naruto! Sit down!"

Iruka cleared his throat now, cutting the qualm short. "After lunch, you'll meet your new Jonin teachers. Until then, class dismissed."

--

Everyone filed out for lunch, quickly dispersing as I looked around me to see if anyone had hung around. Seemed only Sakura stayed behind, calling for Sasuke. I rolled my eyes, shook my head and posted up under a tree by the Academy, opening my bento and began to enjoy my meal.

When we came back to the classroom, I slumped back in my seat, brooding as I glared as the only teammate in my sight from where I sat – The Uchiha. As the students filed out with their designated senseis, the four of us remained.

Enough time had passed to where I sat up straight, groaning as I got up from my seated position, walking towards the front of the class.

"Where are you going?" Sakura asked in a tone I didn't particularly care for, but I brushed it off and ignored the question altogether, walking towards the door to check if our Sensei was at least somewhere down the hallway. "Are you ditching? Real nice."

"Can you just—" I turned to her, waving my hand.

"Hey, you don't have to be so mean to Sakura," Naruto interjected before eagerly turning to Sakura.