Entrance Exam Jitters

"Nova, you're going to be late!" Hawks, or Keigo as I call him. calls with a few heavy knocks on the door. I groan and burrow my way under the covers. I don't wanna get out of bed, it's too early. I hear my door open, probably because I didn't answer and I'm dragged out of bed. The covers are ripped off and I whine as the cold air hits me.

"Come on, starlight. You are the one who wanted to test in instead of getting a recommendation." oh yeah, the commission wanted to get me in on recommendation but I insisted on getting myself in. Actually the commission didn't want me to go to UA at all, but they were limited on options since Hawks was busier now as the number three pro hero.

"But Kei, my bed is so nice and soft, so warm." Keigo rolls his eyes with a small smile.

"But don't you want to figure out your classification, they're doing that test today too." At those words you hop out of bed and rush to the closet to find a good outfit. Assuming we will have to do something to show our skills, I grab a tank top and some sweats. Over that I put on the jacket that matches Keigo's hero costume, except it's purple with black trim. I walk out to the kitchen to find Keigo eating leftover chicken, at... 8 in the morning.

"I get you like chicken and all, but surely you could find something better for breakfast, right?"

"Hey, I don't judge your food choices. Besides, look at me, I look great! So I might as well keep doing what I'm doing." We laugh together as I grab an apple since I'm not to hungry. Kei finishes his food and tosses out the trash.

He leans against the counter, "So, what class do you think you'll be in Nova?" I stop to think about it, but I haven't really interacted with too many people to know for sure. I don't know what my parents were either, I just know Kei is a caregiver.

"Honestly, I'm not really sure, I haven't really thought about it."

He shrugs his shoulders and pushes off the counter. "Who knows, maybe you will be a neutral. Either way, we should get going before you are late" We head to the balcony and take off. This is the best way to travel, up in the sky where it's quiet and peaceful. We reach UA in no time and land at the entrance. Some of the other potential students stare in awe at Keigo while others are too focused on getting themselves pepped up. I turned to Keigo to say bye but he was already preoccupied with people. I managed to catch his eye and wave, to which he gave me his signature smile and waved back.

"Good luck, Nova, I'll see you later!" With that, I walk away and as I am about to go up the stairs I feel something run into my back and heard an 'oof'. When I turn around I see a freckled boy with messy green hair on the ground.

"I-I'm so, so sorry, I guess I wasn't paying attention." He started to ramble and stutter.

"Hey, it's okay, promise. Nova Tamaki, and you are?" I held out my hand for him to shake, and to help him up.

"Izuku, Izuku Midoriya." He takes my hand and I pull him up.

"Well Izu, I wish you luck today, hopefully we will be classmates. We should get going-"

"Hey Deku! Get outta my way, we both know an extra like you won't get in." A very tall, angry pomeranian boy with ash blonde hair was walking this way, but he stopped when I grabbed his shoulder on the way past. This boy was a bit intimidating but he was being mean to Izu.

"Y-you shouldn't be rude to people, a-and his name is Izuku." I yelp as he turned and his red glare burned down at me as I looked up at him with wide eyes.

"What was that, birdbrain?" Izuku steps in front of me and puts his hands up.

"Nothing Kacchan! Don't worry about it!" I guess they know each other? Not that it's really any of my business. The taller boy tch'd and walked away muttering a 'whatever'.