𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐍𝐄💜

Don't start this book without a vote and comment💔

                      🌹EKANEM🌹

    Swallowing the imaginary lump in my throat, I take my head up slowly, the rays of light, getting into my eyes, affecting my eyesight at the same time. It didn't stop me from recognising her.

Although I rarely saw her, she was never around, and whenever she came back, we just had this casual talks.

She had never sat down to talk to me for more than thirty minutes, she never spared any time with me.

Did she even know me?

That was the right question.
Funny enough, I always wondered if I was really her daughter, we never shared such bond. She never treated me as such, all that mattered to her, was her social life and job.

My name is Ekanem Edet, I have lived sixteen years of my life, wondering if this was how my peers lived.

Growing up, with a workaholic for a Mum, a bipolar for a Dad, without no sibling.

I always told myself I was adopted. Most times I asked myself if I was their real kid, and they had both proved otherwise in various ways.
My Dad who was mysteriously around was a puzzle.

I never got to spend any time with my Mum, I had various nannies while growing up, each never spent more than a year with us.

Because my Dad, never hesitated to sack them, my previous nanny, had excided more than a year, as usual, she just had to find out and was kicked out too, in the pretext of being sacked.

Currently, we had various workers, who only came in for work in the early hours of the day, and left in the night.

I felt scared and lonely most times, especially when neither of my parents were around.

But thankfully I didn't have to see all those, at least during resumption time, I got to go back to school, at least there were human beings there, I wasn't as lonely as I was over here, even though I knew, I was despised by a lot of people, I felt much peace over there.

"Peter, open the car!" My Mum orders our driver, it was obvious she was travelling for one of her numerous shoots.

Peter doesn't hesitate, he runs down to the car, not before making sure he was well dressed.

My Mum is an actress. A popular one at that. Majority of the Nigerian actresses are well known for their failed marriages and being divorces, but my mum Mrs Ini Edet isn't. Although I know deep down that my parent's marriage is a failed one.

Most times I wondered what they were still doing together.

Because it wasn't making any sense. If the excuse was for my sake, then it was pathetic.

Meeting the gaze of Peter, I couldn't help but swallow hard, Although he was my Mum's driver, we have had some little history, even though we pretended like it never happened.

"Ekanem, everything for your school has been bought and kept by Maria. Your Dad will handle the rest." My Mum says, without even sparing me a glance.

As usual, I let out a gentle nod, folding both arms across my chest.

"When will you be back?" I gathered the courage to ask, even though I knew the answer.

Even though I knew I wouldn't be seeing her in months.