| 013 the moment we've been waiting for

013 the moment we've been waiting for
( keep me afraid , secrets & punishments )

                                             THE MIKAELSON'S VISION WAS BLURRY AND black, going in and out

THE MIKAELSON'S VISION WAS BLURRY AND black, going in and out. On the way to the basement she gave the deputies a real fight, and they dosed her with the most vervain of all of the vampires. Although it would leave her system the fastest too, it hit hard and quick — especially while in the basement. When Grant had shown up she didn't even think it was real — that she was just seeing it, even when he spoke; although it sounded a lot like him to be fake. With the pain, anger spread through her body, if this was real, Grant had broken his promise to stay away from the town.

The Gilbert then scoffed at the sight of Grant, he then gave a laugh "You vampires, I always knew you were stupid . . . but not this stupid to come back when you've already gotten away. It's pathetic." and Grant shook his head "No. It's not stupid or pathetic, coming back? It's called love, try it. Maybe you wouldn't be as pathetic and stupid as you are now." — Madelyn didn't even realize the significance of what he had said, she was too focused on figuring out if this was real or not.

John then scoffed "It won't be love when you die for it." and Grant then spoke "No, I actually think that is what love is about, right? You probably wouldn't know, I mean. Who would even like you? You're a pathetic nobody, and you're gonna die all alone — God knows your daughter doesn't even like you." and John then nodded and spoke "Alright then." and then dropped the match, lighting the whole basement on fire.

Grant then bit his lip as John ran out of the room, he hadn't planned this far into his rescue mission. He had only planned to get in there, but not how to get out. The fire rose quickly and he knew he had to do something, or he would die.

He quickly kneeled down to Madelyn's level and softly spoke "Come on' Mads, we gotta get out of here, love." and Madelyn's only response was a mumble, her body ached; she couldn't move. As the fire quicken Grant turned around and realized he barely had time, he then quickly moved closer to Madelyn, and put his hands underneath her body and picked her up bridal style, one of her arms extending to his shoulder as her head rested on his chest.

The vampire then turned to the fire, and sighed and hoped he was fast enough to get out alive, and barely hurt. He closed his eyes for a second to reassure himself, he then ran through the fire; with a good amount of time too, as soon as he got through it the fire exploded, making it grow bigger. If they had still been inside, he for sure would've died.

Grant got outside where Bonnie and Elena stood, Grant hadn't even known Stefan was already inside, as he got Madelyn outside her eyes were closed, and Bonnie was doing a spell for the fire. "Oh thank god." Grant spoke to himself as he got himself, and Madelyn out of the basement both somewhat intact.

As the Mikaelson opened her eyes, Grant softly put her down onto the ground, he still had his arm around her back to make sure she could stand. After the pain Madelyn had suffered that night, and had realized this had actually been real — the Mikaelson moved closer to Grant, and placed her arms around his stomach hugging him, he looked down at the Mikaelson and in return also put his arms around her as-well. & Madelyn dug her head more into his chest.