What the Fu-?

So, Michael woke up.

Obviously.

I mean, where else are you supposed to start a story?

What? Do you mean you could start it at any other time? Like a time when he's being bullied or something to garner sympathy from the audience making them more likely to continue reading the book despite the bad writing, non-existent plot, shallow characters, and bad author?

Ah, I digress.

So, Michael woke up.

It was a Friday, which meant Michael got to enjoy the weekend. After he sludged through his classes.

Michael sighed, and rolled out of bed, landing face-down on the floor.

"Ah, pain," Michael said, as he pulled himself up rubbing his face.

He heard his father struggling with his toddler sister and baby brother as he grabbed a change of clothes, ran into the bathroom, shut and locked the door, and threw off his current attire.

Grabbing his toothbrush and hopping into the shower, Micheal turned it on and waited for the water to get hot.

While he waited, he scrubbed himself down with body wash and threw on shampoo.

As soon as the water was hot, he threw himself in and waited till every sud was off his body.

Next was conditioner. He-

Wait, what?

Skip scene?

Well, yes, nothing noteworthy or plot-relevant is happening, but-

Well, fine.

Michael walked out of the bathroom, hair wet and new clothes on. He threw his former attire into the hamper, and heard a small ding on his phone, signaling him to a notification.

This early in the morning? When are those guys off their phones?

Michael had wrongly presumed this notification to be from his friends as he grabbed his phone, not bothering to check it.

Michael grabbed his half-open backpack and slung it over his shoulder. He began exploring his house, looking for pieces of his homework, which were strewn around the house, due to last night.

Most people just sat at their desks and finished all their work there.

Michael thought what most people did was overrated, and preferred to wander the house as he did his homework.

Self-control? Zero. ADHD? Probably.

As he finally stuffed the last piece of homework into his barely organized folder, he heard another notification from his phone.

Seriously?

Michael sighed and grabbed a piece of bread, shoving it into a toaster.

He glanced at the T.V. His dad had figured out how to sate his little sister by putting on Sesame Street. His little brother was contended by a box of blocks. His father sat in his chair, playing some sort of game on his phone.

He picked up his toast and quickly inhaled it.

*Ding!*

Okay, what seriously?

He shoved his socks on and hopped into his shoes. "Dad! Ready!"

"Alright, let's go." His dad said as he scooped up his baby brother.

As he turned off the TV, and his little sister began crying. "But I want it!" She screamed.

Michael rolled his eyes as he grabbed his baby brother from his father, and brought him into the van.

After buckling his brother in, Michael threw himself into the front passenger seat.

After a while, his father managed to wrestle his little sister into the car, screaming and kicking.

His dad quickly got into the front seat and drove Michael to school. As soon as they were in front of the school, Michael hopped out of the van. "Bye, love you!" He said as he rushed through the school gate.

As soon as he took his first step into the school, he heard another notification.

*Ding!*

"Okay, what is going on?" Michael asked, as he finally relented to his curiosity and pulled out his phone.

He saw a few notifications on his phone and quickly tapped on the first one. He tapped in his pin and unlocked his phone.

"What the fu-?"