Darth Skylla

Chapter 1

"You underestimate my power Jedi.", Count Dooku spoke in a raised voice. "I believe you are far from understanding the importance of this war."

His words seemed perfectly chosen, trying to wrap the young Jedi around his fingers. Her hands clutched the lightsaber tightly. Narrowing her eyes a bit, she regarded the Sith Lord before her, about whom she had heard so many stories and legends.

"Join us Skylla Shador. How many more sacrifices must be made before you understand that the Republic can never keep the peace?"

Skylla continued to look at him silently. She had been hoping for some support from the Jedi Council for some time, but she found herself, as she had been 40 minutes ago, on this planet. Around them grew plants she had never seen before in her life. Various rocks lay around the two Force users, which probably must have been separated from the walls by one of the constantly recurring earthquakes. She desperately searched for an escape route, but the more she tinkered with a perfect plan in her head, the more hopeless this whole situation seemed. The Count had precisely lured Skylla out of the battle and now here they were facing each other. The debris from their ships were already catching fire and an unpleasant smelling smoke was rising up her nose. Her opponent had not even bothered to draw his lightsaber. Dooku had his hands clasped behind his back, stood bolt upright in front of her and seemed to be waiting for an answer. But he would never get one he would settle for.

"I will never support the separatists. But tell me Count, what drove you to this foolhardy attempt?" replied Skylla surprisingly calmly.

He showed no signs of wanting to launch an attack, whereupon she also deactivated her lightsaber and made it disappear back into her robe. The corners of his mouth twitched up a little and he seemed to think about an appropriate answer.

"Well you can certainly understand that war often forces us to take surprising measures. You would be of immense help to the Seperatist Alliance to finally put an end to all this suffering. I am simply trying to reveal to you the terrible deeds the Jedi are committing. Apparently you are the Guardians of Peace, but then tell me this: Why does every single one of them go to the most obvious battle? You cannot deny that you are much more of a soldier than of what your true purpose provides."

Skylla was caught off guard by his words, but she was more than familiar with his methods. The Sith Lord had already been able to draw many of her closest circles to his side without lifting a finger in return. His words alone were imbued with so much power that they followed him without any reluctance. His complete demeanor radiated such presence that one felt like a fearful being in his presence.

"Even if some of this were true, you could still wait until eternity for me to join you. It may be that the Jedi are not right in the eyes of all, and yet they are far purer at heart than you will ever be Count.", Skylla accused him.

Her eyes radiated such hatred towards this man that any outsider could see it. This did not go unnoticed by Dooku either.

"You had better watch your feelings, or they will cost you your head and neck..."

Before he could complete his sentence, the familiar sound of the separatists ship interrupted him. None of them had heard it enter the atmosphere. The command ship landed many meters away from both of them, and Skylla eyed it suspiciously as it disappeared behind the various plant species, denying her visual contact. She kept her hand ready to draw her lightsaber at any moment to defend herself if necessary. But unfortunately, she found that it wouldn't do her much good if this battle ship still had this massive number of droids on board, as it had the last time she encountered this ship. It was easy for Count Dooku to see that the Jedi was worried about her own well-being.

"Do not worry, if I wanted you dead, you would be by now."

A crackling sound from behind the bushes startled Scylla, whereas Dooku only looked silently in the same direction. Her breathing stopped and she reached for her lightsaber, which she activated without further ado. The Kaleesh cyborg who had stepped out walked nerve-wrackingly slowly to the Count and stood next to him.

"Grievous...", was the only thing she could say.

"I do hope you have come to your desired conclusion,", Grievous spoke without paying the Jedi the slightest bit of attention. But Dooku could see that the latter was trying hard not to jump the young woman and just kill her right now.

"Not entirely." Now the cyborg looked at her piercingly and began to cough heavily.

"Well my lord, if you would allow me, I could certainly be of assistance in disposing of this scum." The Sith Lord smiled dumbly. That would be all he needed, for this beast to prey on Jedi like a beast while he was present.

"That will not be necessary. I think we should think about our next steps and get off this vile planet for now.", he replied mechanically, not letting on how much going out of this situation bothered him.

"As you wish. And the girl?" Grievous still hadn't taken his eyes off her.

"Let me worry about that. Go ahead and prepare the ship.", he prompted the cyborg, who only broke out into more coughing. He nodded silently and disappeared into the bushes again.

"Don't worry, we'll meet again. Then you will probably have a different view about what happened. At least, that's what I wish for you." Before she could have said anything in reply, he too disappeared into the bushes. Skylla deactivated her lightsaber and watched a little later as the command ship disappeared into hyperspace.

------------------------------------------------------------

I wanted to try something new:) Could you maybe give me feedback? And should I prepare a second chapter?