𝐃𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐫 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐲

"You still kept this picture of me, huh?"

(An original chapter)

_____________________________________________

MIA COLLINS stared at herself in the full length mirror placed in her bedroom. The girl was wearing a long purple satin dress that reached up to her ankles.

She had on a pair of 3-inch black heels, which by the way took her a good one hour to learn how to walk in them with the help of her mother.

The girl also decided to wear a bit of makeup, keeping it more on the natural side before styling her curly hair into a bun adding a flower crown to keep it all in place.

Normally, Mia would never even consider wearing a dress for a dinner but her mom wanted to go all out and keep it on the fancier side.

Mia smoothed out her dress, adding up some finishing touches and applying lipgloss which held a pink tint to it.

She gave herself a reassuring smile in the mirror before grabbing her matte black clutch purse and walking out of her room, the sound of her heels echoing throughout the hallway.

As she walked down the stairs she called out to her mother who was still up in the master bedroom, where she had been for the past two hours.

"You ready, yet!" Mia yelled watching the clock impatiently, knowing that they were supposed to be at the Crawford's house twenty minutes ago.

"Just a sec!" Amanda replied as the woman finished curling her hair before quickly grabbing her heels and running down the stairs, still attempting to put them on.

The woman had on an emerald green dress with a slit near her leg, she had on black heels that were similar to Mia's and golden hoops, tying it all together with a burgundy purse.

"Please tell me you unplugged the curling iron." Mia said giving her mom a knowing look as soon as the woman's eyes widened to the size of saucers.

"I knew I was forgetting something!" Amanda yelled before sprinting back up the stairs making Mia face palm at her mother's antics.

The pair finally made their way out of the house, the two talking while walking up the stairs to the Crawford's house.

"Okay, I know that you and Kim don't exactly get along anymore, but please try to be nice, for my sake?" Amanda asked pleadingly making Mia let out a defeated sigh.

"I'll try my best, but no promises." Mia pointed her finger making her mom's expression turn into one of slight relief before the girl rang the doorbell.