Cellphone at the bottom

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Mirth-"

Dancing Queen played as everyone stopped singing, and Mirtha had to pick up, it was agent Grimes.

"Oh c'mon can't he leave us alone, it's your birthday."
Martha complained even though she knew it would most likely be an interesting case.

"Hello Grimes, waddup?" Mirtha asked as she grinned at Martha, who had an "i'm done" look on her face.

"Hello detective Norrick, i have a case for you and miss Marlowe."

"Oh yes, sure, tell it to Marlowe, here."
She handed the phone to Marlowe and proceeded to eat her birthday cake.
Marlowe on the other hand, was severely bothered because it'a always her that has to do the talking.
"Hello, sir, mr. Grimes. The case?" Martha said in one breath.
"Yes, we have a murder on Morgan street, killer left a note, victim a middle aged woman.."
He gave her the adress and told her that she and Norrick should be there in about 30 minutes.

"Aight, let's go, c'mon, get your gear, you're officialy 21, be responsible." Martha mocked Mirtha, who had that previously mentioned "i'm done" look on her face.
"Fine, lemme just finish the cake"
"Sure, i'm gonna go put something else on, i'm not going to be chasing a madman looking like a pretty princess."

Marlowe returned after about 5 minutes, in black pants, a creamy white button up and a denim jacket, her usual vans backpack on her back making her look like a goofy middle schooler.
"Okay i'm done are yo- there is no way, there is absolutely no way you are still eating the damned cake!"
"Sorrey" Mirtha barely said with a full mouth as she sprinted to her room to put something on.

She came back to the living area in black jeans, a red button up and a black coat, also with a backpack that didn't suit her look at all, but helped her look at all the dead bodies. It had all their little detective equipment in it, since Martha's just had snacks and chargers and extra clothes in it.
They got out of the house into their car. Well, Martha's car, but they just call it their car since they mostly go everywhere together so no need for Martha to gatekeep the car.

"Did he tell you what the case was about?" Mirtha questioned from the passenger seat.

"Yeah, a middle aged woman killed, Morgan street, kinda brutal scene left. Oh, and yea the murderer left a little love note, ha." Martha explained.

"Love note, cheeky."

"I know, right? Like who writes 'I love you to the moon and back' in blood on a wall, at a murder scene. Kinda dramatic, ain't it?"  Marlowe went on.

"Yup, hey can you play some music, Morgan street is like fifteen minutes away, we have time for a few songs."

The girl in the driver seat put on
ABBA, and they just sang until they got there.

"HELLO!!!" Norrick yelled until she saw the woman on the floor with people all around her, trying not to step in the bloodbath that was created.
"Oh man, that's nasty"
"Shut up Mirtha."
"Aight."
"It is nasty tho."
"Yup."

"Alright girls, as you can see, here is the um, woman. She is, uh, absolutely disguisting, but you can still get some clues of her. The little note is on that wall," he pointed to the south wall, covered in blood with the cheeky message on it "and you guys have as much time as you need to figure it out."

"Aight, let's go." Mirtha announced that she was starting with the investigation.
The body was stabbed, and it wasn't a knife, it was a sharp stick or something of that nature, circular to be exact.
It looked like she was passed out when she got stabbed, and she had a big cut on her forehead as well as an unusual mark on her face. A bite mark, a human bite mark.
"What in the Taco bell? A bite mark?" Martha mentioned when she saw that Mirtha saw it too.
"Nasty. We can get saliva of it tho, and maybe find out who the murderer is."
"Okay, you get the saliva, i'll go and check the message." Marowe exclaimed.
After a few minutes, Norrick came over to the message wall where Martha was.
"Hey, find anything?"
"No. But i have a question, does this blood look fresher to you?"
"What, the message blood?" Martha nodded "I mean, kinda, yeah. It's not fully dry like the one on the floor."
"Yea, I think it's not her blood, someone else's. I got a sample, imma go to the lab to check." Marlowe said and waved goodbye to Norrick. The lab was a street down, so she didn't take the car.
Norrick continued to investigate, and after about 20 minutes, she went to talk to Grimes.
"Did you find anything, Norrick?"
"Mm."
"Mm?"
"Not much, we got some saliva off the victim and Martha realised that the blood on the wall probably isn't the woman's, so she went to the lab to check both. I found a bullet shell, but I checked the body and it didn't have any gun wou-"
Her sentence was cut off with a gunshot and screams.
"What is that?!" Grimes yelled.
"HOW THE HELL AM I SUPPOSED TO KNOW?!" Norrick was raging, she was mad scared.
All she had to do is run. She picked up her backpack, got the bullet shell and started running to the staircase.
Unfortunately, luck wasn't on her side, as she felt a sharp pain in her lower stomach.
A bullet, fired from a small distance. She fell to the ground, back into the room she was leaving. Her blonde hair was now stained with blood, since the floor was already bloody, and her blood pool that was becoming bigger every second just added to it.
It hurt, it hurt bad. She screamed, she yelled, grunted tried to get up, but she couldn't.
Then, a black shoe was crushing her hand, the shooter standing above her.
"Hey, pretty. Should I write a message for you to? Maybe, I love you to Mars and back? Quirky, isn't it?" The man was ugly, tall, dark brown hair, ugly baggy clothing, a deep voice.

"Man, go wash yourself up before you write anything" Norrick complained. She just knew how to make things even worse than they were.
The man lifted his leg up and hit her right in the nose, most likely broke it. He walked over tho the message wall, and Norrick heard a gunshot. The man grunted. When she turned her head, he was crouching, writing something beneath the other message. Then it hit her.

He was writing it with his own blood. Martha was right.

He got up, started walking towards her.
When he got to her, he crouched once again and whispered
"I left my cellphone at the bottom."
What? Mirtha was even more confused when he said that. But she couldn't finish her thought, as the ugly man hit her with the bottom of his stinky shoe once again. She was out, with a hole in her stomach, bleeding out in the building, all alone.
Martha wasn't there, she didn't know. She didn't get to say goodbye. What if she dies? What if he gets Martha next?
Those questions were floating in her head, waiting for her to wake up so they could bother her. But the most terrifying thing was, that most of the thoughts were about her never waking up again.