chapter one ~ new beginnings

today was not a good day. everyone had bailed on me to go to the nail salon, so now i have to go alone.

i am, within reason, a socially awkward person. it's about five minutes until i have to drag myself in there and now i'm thinking over any possible dialogue and their responses.
it's not easy enough to say,
"hi, my name is alyssa, i have a nail appointment for 5."
and hope it'd get through to the staff that
'she is alyssa and has a nail appointment for 5.'
no, no. that'd never work.

i'm sitting outside the place looking in. there's only two staff members in there: one male, one female.

another thing i noticed was that
woah
the guy in there is hot

maybe i'd been staring for too long, because suddenly, the guy looks over.
fuck
i smile and pray to god he doesn't think i'm a creep staring at him from eight metres away through a glass wall. he smiles back. thank fuck. i suppose - with my basic human instincts - it'd be a little strange for me to just stay here, knowing i have an appointment in 2 minutes. i walk up to the door with as much hesitance to take up the remaining two minutes and decide it's no good for me to travel so far alone without even getting what i came for.

i push down the handle and, at first, force the door the wrong way.

when i do get the door open, i walk in as chimes from above are heard. a beautiful blonde lady getting her nails done stares me down. well, that's not intimidating at all. i sit down on the sofa and decide not to say anything. it looks like the two staff members are already pretty occupied.

after about five minutes, the hottie mcthottie is finished with his main client of the two he is attending (he is sharing the second one with the other staff member) and he comes over to me. the view is magnificent from down here.

i could get used to this.

"hey, you have an appointment?"

"y-y-y-y-yeah. 5 o'clock."

"perfect." the guy turns back around without another word. i assume i follow him?