From the Diary of Lucy Heathlow

I'm just a normal girl. Ordinary. Some might even say boring. Pretty, at least, according to my friends, but not in an interesting way. I don't look like anything special, don't act like I'm anything special, am only moderately good with the witty comebacks. Crowds? Kinda my thing. Not because I'm so magnetizing they all follow me, or because they're my best shot at going unnoticed, but because in any given crowd I'm surrounded by people who are more similar to me than they are different. I shop at the exact same stores and buy the exact same clothes that I wear the exact same way as fifty percent of the female population between the ages of twelve and twenty. I'm your girl next door.

Or, at least, I was.

I'm nothing unusual, no one you couldn't meet on the streets of your city while just going for a stroll. My name, Luci Heathlow, isn't anything unusual either. In short, my life is just ordinary.

Or, so it seems.

It was all true not that long ago. Back then, I was just a normal girl, in a normal world, with two normal irritating brothers. Unfortunately, I still have normal irritating brothers - although let's be real. The ability to effortlessly annoy and embarrass your siblings one hundred percent of the time? Totally a superpower.

But now, I'm no normal girl, and my world is no ordinary world. My mission isn't ordinary either. After all, how many teenagers are tasked with saving the world?

See, most teenage girls look for cozy knit sweaters when they shop. When I shop, I go to a special store and buy heatproof, rip-proof, bulletproof, nearly indestructible spandex. Most teenage girls spend hours on makeup. I simply pull on a mask. Most teenagers are concerned with whether or not he has a crush on her. I... okay, still worry about that one. Don't judge, okay? But I worry about it after the he in question has helped me throw seriously bad guys in jail, or stop a bank heist, or pulled me out of a vat of warm radioactive sludge. When's the last time your boyfriend did that for you? Hmm... never? That's what I thought. And that's totally okay - it just serves to reinforce my point. I'm not normal. Most teenage girls call each other by cute nicknames, maybe monikers bestowed by their boyfriends.

I'm different. I used to be one of them, but I'm not anymore.

I used to be Luci Heathlow.

But now?

I go by Blink.