4 | Dangerous

"It's time!"

Megan barged into her room, causing Leila to jump in her seat, completely startled at her best friend's outburst. It was a good thing she had just put her lipstick down or there would have been a messy burgundy streak across her face.

"Megan," whined Leila, lightly patting her chest, trying to calm her heart down. "You can't do that to me."

"Sorry," laughed Megan, casually sauntering into her room. "I'm just excited— you actually agreed to come out with me and the boys!"

Leila gave her best friend a small smile. Megan had been asking Leila to come out with her for a long time now, and to both girls' surprise, Leila had agreed.

"Now, let me see what you're wearing," clapped Megan, feeling the excitement course through her body.

Hesitantly, Leila stood up from the stool, draping the white throw blanket that she had over her lap onto the arm of the sofa chair in the corner of the room. She looked everywhere but at her best fire nervously before she heard a gasp come out of Megan.

She was wearing a black off-the-shoulder long-sleeved body-con dress that reached her mid-thighs. There was a small cut out on the side of her waist that showed off her thin waist and she paired her outfit with a pair of combat boots for comfort and a cute silver chain necklace around her neck.

 There was a small cut out on the side of her waist that showed off her thin waist and she paired her outfit with a pair of combat boots for comfort and a cute silver chain necklace around her neck

Leila had found the dress hiding away towards the back of her closet, having never worn it before, mostly because there was never any occasion to wear it. Don't get her wrong, she loved wearing dresses and skirts, yet for some reason, this dress felt a bit more out there than usual.

But there was just something inside her that pushed her to reach towards the dress tonight.

As soon as she put it on, she did feel a bit self-conscious showing a bit more skin than usual. But ultimately, she decided 'fuck it' and continued getting ready since she wasn't one to go out often anyway.

This would probably be the only time she would go out to a bar with Megan in a long time. Why not be a bit bold?

Oh, she was probably going to regret this later on.

"Is this okay?" Leila asked, uncertainty in her voice. "Is this what people wear to bars?"

"Okay?" Megan repeated flabbergasted. "Girl, you look amazing."

Leila's expression immediately brightened as Megan gave her a bright smile. Leave it to Megan to help bring her confidence up. "You're the one who looks amazing, Megs. Noah's probably not going to be able to keep his hands off you."

Megan grinned at her best friend mischievously, wiggling her eyebrows. "That's exactly what I'm going for."

In contrast to Leila's black dress, Megan went with a tan-colored off-shoulder flounce sleeve ruched body-con dress that very much complimented her skin tone. She looked flawless— even her makeup was touched to perfection, and Leila was sure Noah wouldn't be able to keep his eyes off her.