Chapter 1: Curiosity

It was a peaceful day in Ninjago at the Monastery. Kai, Jay, Laval, and Cragger were outside training by karate-chopping bricks. Kai and Laval then chopped a brick in half.

"See?" Kai said.

"A single brick? I can break more than that." Jay said.

"Please, I can chop more than you." Cragger said. Jay goes to eat his cookie only for Kai to swipe it away and eat it.

"Hey!" Jay said.

"Prove it then. The ninja who can break the most bricks gets to have the last cookie." Kai said holding out the dish with the cookie.

"Unless you guys can't do it?" Laval teased. Jay and Cragger nodded in agreement.

"Deal!" They said. So they began to break bricks to see who will win.

"3 bricks!" Jay said as he chops them in half. Cragger then chops 4 bricks.

"4 bricks!" Cragger said as he chopped them.

"5 brick!" Kai said as he chops them.

"7 bricks!" Laval said as he chops the bricks.

"20!" Jay shouts as he lightning chops the bricks.

"50!" Laval shouts as he chops them with his sand powers.

"70!" Cragger shouts as he chops them with his acid poison.

"101!" Kai shouts as he flame chops them. Kai was the winner! Just as Jay hands the cookie to Kai, Master Wu burst open.

"What is happening?!" Master Wu asked as he walks out. The four look at Master Wu.

"Oh, uh it's just. Uh..." Kai stumbled.

"Uh training! Getting extra practicing in, you know!" Jay said.

"Ninjas never quit!" Cragger said as a brick fell.

"But the courtyard... where did you even get all these bricks?" Wu asked. The four ninja then look at the empty gap in the wall.

"My wall!" Wu exclaimed.

"What's going on? Did Jay, Kai, Laval, and Cragger mess up again?" Nya asked with the other ninja coming out to see what was the commotion.

"I instructed them to go to yard and meditate on the six virtues of Spinjitzu, and instead they demolish my wall." Wu said as Zane and Gorzan came out.

"Oh! Right, you did tell us to do something... the six what now?" Jay said.

"Virtues! Don't tell me you forgotten them." Wu said.

"No way, we never forget the seven virtues." Kai said confident.

"6!" Laval corrected him.

"Six virtues!" Kai said.

"Then tell me what they are." Wu said.

"Right! I will. Uh... okay... they are... important! Uh huh, that's what they are." Kai said. But Wu looked disappointed.

"Tell them Nya and Eris." Wu said. Nya and Eris both looked dumbfounded at this.

"Oh! Yeah, the six... things they're on the... tip of my tongue." Nya said.

"I uh... remember that they're... important to being a ninja." Eris said.

"Don't any of you remember?" Wu asked. All the others looked embarrassed about not knowing the answer. Wu then looked at Zane.

"Zane. You have a perfect electronic memory." Wu said knowing Zane would remember.

"Apologies master, I had to take portions of my memory off-line in order to defrag them." Zane said apologetic.

"Meditation position now!" Wu ordered. They all got in a circle as they meditate.

"Curiosity." Wu said to Nya, Eris, and Rogon who looked surprised to see Wu in front of them.

"Balance." Wu said as he knocked Cole, Cragger, and Bladvic off a pillar.

"Wisdom." Wu said as he moved Lloyd and Laval facing the right way.

"Honesty." Wu said as he knocked the cookie from Jay's hand and Razar's hand.

"Generosity." Wu said as Zane caught the cookie and gave it to Kai with Worriz with Gorzan by his side.

"Courage." Wu said as the chicken stole the cookie from Kai and Worriz and the chicken caught it.

"These are the six fundamental virtues of Spinjitzu. Through these qualities, a true ninja is forge." Wu said. Suddenly the door was knocked.

"Reflect on what I just said." Wu said as he goes to answer the door.

"Great job guys. Now we all got to deal with an grumpy Master Wu." Nya said. Suddenly there was a bang and a growl behind the door that got Nya, Eris, and Rogon attention.

"What was that?" Nya said.

"Unidentified audio input." Zane said with his eyes closed.

"You gotta to be at least a little curious?" Rogon said.

"Yeah, but we should keep meditating, I don't wanna make Master Wu any angrier than he already is." Kai said eyes closed.

"We're suppose to be meditating, focus." Lloyd said.

"We don't want to get in anymore trouble." Worriz said. Nya and eagle and rhino went back to meditating only to be interrupted by the noise again.

"I can't! I'm just dying to know what's going on." Eris said as the three got up to the door. They open it to see a giant green dragon with Madter Wu in its claw. Wu screamed in panic.

The dragon flies down and breathes green fire at the Ninja. The dragon turned back with Wu trying to break free. The Ninja pulled on their hood and sprang into battle. The dragon fires at Kai only to use that fire against it but blocks it with it's wing. The dragon fires at Jay, Lloyd, and Laval. Jay dodged as Lloyd and Laval fire energy and sand balls at it. Kai and Cragger Spinjitzu on the left as Lloyd and Laval Spinjitzu in the right at the dragon. It flees up making the four hit each other instead.

"Master Wu!" Nya cried seeing Wu in pain.

They all land on the roof to see the dragon create a portal and flies down with poor Wu. After it did, the portal begins to close.

"The portal's closing!" Nya yelled.

"After Master Wu! Ninja Go!" Lloyd shouts as he jumps in the portal followed by the other Ninja. The portal closes at Razar made it through. Now the Ninja had to save their master from the clutches of the Green Dragon.