Chapter 9 Back to Forks

"So you guys are back together, right?" Bella smiled cheeky at Rosalie and I from the seats next to us in the plane.

Finally, the whole visit from hell had ended and we were on our way back home.

Bella and Renee had cried in the airport while I took the opportunity to drag Rosalie through security to avoid my mother.

The only thing that made these 72 hours tolerable was the fact that Rosalie and I had pretended to be back together. It was strange because while we were actually dating we never acted on any public display of affection.

Her kisses, her hugs, the way she tenderly touched. It kept me alive.

"Shut up" I squinted my eyes at her in warning.

This whole thing was a mess and I did not want anyone to poke it, afraid that it would explode.

"You didn't say bye to mom" Bella bit her lips, her eyes were accusing.

"I didn't feel like listening to another speech about how I am wasting my life" I rolled my eyes and stared holes in the seat in front of me.

A cold hand grasped mine, that was gripping tightly the arm rest. Rosalie placed my hand on top of her thigh and then covered it with hers.

"Are you ready to go back home?" Rosalie leaned her head on my shoulder, I tried not to make sudden movements.

"Of course"

"Renee called Charlie last night" Rosalie was drawing figures in the back of my hand.

"Did she?" I leaned my head on top of her enjoying the natural perfume of her blonde mane.

She hummed in affirmation.

"I think she might have mentioned about how my influence on you was vicious" even if I could not see her face, I knew she was smiling.

"What did my dad said?" I snorted.

"That you were capable enough of removing yourself from bad influences, that's why you asked to live with him instead" Rosalie giggled.

"That's why he is my favorite" I mused, my chest warm with the joy of Charlie siding with me.

"He likes me"

"That he does" I hummed with agreement "Perhaps it's because you try to dazzle him every time you see him"

It was so obvious that Charlie had a preference for Rosalie.

"I do not" she slapped playfully my hand, I snickered.

"What are we going to do when we get home?" I whispered my humor falling.

This charade was not something I was willing to continue. Even the idea of ending it right now, was a little painful.

"What do you mean?" she played dumb.

"We were supposed to just pretend for the rest of the trip" I lifted my head form hers and leaned it back in the seat, Rosalie did the same and turned her head to look at me.

"The trip hasn't ended" she mused, her eyes were a little black. I wondered if it was because she was thirsty or simply because she did not like me calling her out.

"Why you want to keep this up?" I was talking so softly that I was sure that only her and Edward were able to hear me.

I wished we would've been alone for this conversation.

There were so many things going through my head, part of me was afraid that she might answer that she felt sorry for me.

I didn't know what this was, it felt silly, childish, fragile and exuberating.