22: HAPPY

You cannot ignore us...

You cannot ignore what occurred...

You cannot ignore your-

"Shut up." Koma snapped in response to the whispers infuriating chatters. They had been going on and on since he came back from Perxodial, blabbering constantly about what happened in the that place between realms, how Shongo had interfered with their memories, and that the lands had been desecrated by evil forces.

Koma noticed that Stella couldn't hear them at all, otherwise she would have mentioned it considering that they kept him up all night and still hadn't shut up.

When he opened the door to talk to her just minutes ago he wanted to ask her for help, beg her even, hoping she could use her ability to maybe get them to be silent atleast for a few hours until they had to leave here, but when she said her and Usgard were going drinking, and noticing how excited she seemed by it, he decided to keep the pain to himself.

They had never been this way before, it's only in his beast state that they were this talkative and in his human form they would chat for a while but eventually go silent unless he used his magic then they would try to intrude on his consciousness and push his bloodlust.

But recently they've been having a much stronger hold on him, for instance back in Hafe when they took over and told Ferrus to make the spear that was now sitting ominously in the corner of the room. They couldn't do that before...or atleast they hadn't done that since that night in Elvaxion when they took her from him, and he had made a very strong mental note to ensure that they never did that again.

Unfortunately, it has failed. The smart thing would be to cast a sealing spell, lock the problem away, but no matter how many he tried on himself they all failed, the whispers couldn't be contained, and the wooden arm couldn't be hidden by any glamour spell.

Koma had tried all his life to deal with these issues through traditional means, but every time they reminded him that they were much more powerful than whatever he could throw at them.

A fury of frustration rose in Koma's chest and he prepped his fist to punch the door then realised Stella would definitely hear it and he would have to explain why he did that.

YOU SEEM TO BE HAVING TROUBLES.

"Oh fuck me." Koma drawled and Shongo chuckled at his misery.

I THINK THEY HAVE A RIGHT TO TALK ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED, TREZOBAK. I THINK YOU WANT TO AS WELL.

"You already know everything but won't tell me." Koma snapped. "Because you're nothing but a fucking asshole."

IF YOU ARE CURIOUS THEN ALL YOU MUST DO IS ASK.

"For the price of relying on you." Koma assumed. "And in doing so the curse gains more ground."

YOU STATE THE OBVIOUS, BUT YOU CANNOT STATE WHAT HAPPENED IN THE FOREST. YOU CANNOT EXPLAIN WHAT YOU SAW IN THE UNDERGROUND ROOM, YOU ARE LOST AND THE WAY TO FIND OUT EVERYTHING IS THROUGH ME.

"I would know everything if you didn't interfere." Koma argued. "Having me ask for your help is nothing more than your terrible manipulation tactic."

YOU CAN REMAIN OBLIVIOUS OF YOUR DESTINY, TREZOBAK. OR YOU CAN LEARN OF IT...EITHER WAY, IT WILL NOT SAVE YOU FROM ME. NOTHING WILL.

Koma felt Shongo's presence disperse from his mind, it felt like dark thunder clouds vanishing from the sky, but because the Whispers were still there the sky had a grey tint to it as if to tell him that his problems were not going anywhere.