author's note (2022)

hello!! I'm finally checking in on this story for the first time in three years and holy shit when did it get #16 in the cimorelli tag also why does it have 20k reads?????

I just wanted to come on here and be sappy for a second. I wrote this story when I was fourteen and just realized I wasn't straight. There were a lot of other cimorelli stans that were also queer and writing fics like this, and I thought this was a great outlet. And it was, until my mom saw that I said I was bi in my bio and she got upset at me lmao.

I'm twenty two now, and now absolutely so secure in myself and my identity (I'm my college's pride club president lol) I re-read this story, and while it's definitely vvvv cringey, it was so important for me to express my sexuality like this. (I really wish I didn't post it so the whole of the internet could see, but-)

Reading some of the recent comments, I think some of you are in the same boat as 14 yr old Kait was. I know that things can be scary, but it will get better. You will find the support you're looking for, and a community of people who will love you no matter what. One day, you'll be out and proud and you won't have to be worried.

Anyways, no one asked for this, but I hope it helps at least one person out there. I love you all and hope you're doing great <3