Prologue

June 20

To: ==========

From: =============, CIA Director of Student Security

Re: Smokescreen

Dear ======,

As I'm sure you're aware, the events that took place on ====================== were a great success for our agency. Not only were our agents able to prevent the ==============================, they also apprehended that rapscallion ===========.

While these are both great things, they seem to have brought about some undesirable consequences. Agent ====== at the department of information acquisition just intercepted a disturbing email regarding student ===============. It appears that ====== knows how to cause trouble even when he's incarcerated. The email is essentially a message to numerous bounty hunters and assassins, putting a price on ======'s head.

I am putting this issue in your hands and believe that you should handle it as you see fit. One thing I suggest is having ========== train ====== in the area of self defense. It's about time that kid learns how to shoot a gun without injuring anyone (except the bad guys of course). Plus, he likes =====, and spending time with her might distract him from the fact that people are actively trying to kill him.

Sincerely,

=============

Welcome to my first fan fiction guys. I'll try and sound as much like Stuart Gibbs as possible throughout this story. Feel free to leave feedback. Other than that, enjoy.