Meeting the demon

(Y/N)'s pov

          I had just slashed sans over his chest, unexplained blood dripping out of the wound I expected the usual 'Welp that's it' speech but instead he just sat down in silence, I looked at him, 'Odd this hasn't happened before" I thought, He then looked up at me.

"Kid.....how much longer do you plan to keep this up?" He said staring directly at me, I said nothing just looking at him as his body melted away to dust. The hall was empty with nothing but the bright light outside the windows and the distant sound of birds chirping. I walked out into the throne room, it was empty, with a lone throne in a bed of flowers. There was a dark hall towards the back...I knew where it lead. I walked down the walls darker and darker until it was nothing but a black void, I wandered around for a bit before coming across a lone girl clad in a green and yellow sweater, and brown shorts. Her back was turned for a second before facing me and said

"Greetings, I am Chara"

the same old greeting I sighed preparing for the same old conversation on how we should erase this world and all that.

"But you already knew that didn't you."

I looked at her startled.

"Oh cut the crap we both know you've done this at the very least 10 times, its getting boring repeating the same old shit over and over again, so answer me this....why, why are you here?" Chara said not entirely mad more just annoyed.

I sighed before saying " Look I haven't always done genocide which I'm sure you know I mean you were the voice telling me about things down here yes?"

"Yes I'm aware"

"Well no matter how hard I tried the ending always felt off I had helped everyone well almost everyone Flowey was still well a flower so I reset, same result so I reset eventually I got so frustrated that I started doing the genocide run then I saw you and I realized that there were still people I had yet to help that's why I've been doing this to figure out a way to give everyone a happy ending." Chara just looked at me dumbfounded, shocked even the shock soon gave way to a grin

"While I don't believe were ever going to get the perfect ending, I do believe there is a way for you to help me with a little plan I've been cooking up over these last few runs." She said the grin never leaving her face. "We already share determination so I started thinking 'why can't we just share a soul', I've thought it over and the only thing I need is your agreement."

"How is that possible? wait is this going to be one of those things where you take my soul out of my body and replace it with yours?"

" No well that was the original Idea yes but I think I know a way for us both to have a body"

as she said that my soul appeared out of my body and in the corner of my eye I saw my HP signifying I was in battle. I looked in front of me and saw a save point.

"uh Chara how is a save point going to help?"

"Well this is how I've been receiving your determination and your L.O.V.E, if it can receive those things in around half the amount then why not a soul as well? All you need to do is move your soul directly into it and I should get half of it while you keep the other."

"And if this doesn't work?"

"Well then you just re spawn here.....hopefully."

"Alright then here goes nothing." I slowly bring my soul into my hand with some minor difficulty and walked towards the save point. I hold out my soul as it gets absorbed into the glowing star like object then it fades to black

I woke up after who knows how long and sat up and looked around I spot Chara standing up looking at her hand. something was off though, usually when I looked at Chara I saw a faint ghostly glow but not this time. the glow was completely gone.

"Holy shit it worked" I said

"Yes it appears it has" She said "It feels...nice to have a proper form again."

"I'm sure it does." I said smiling "Now then why don't start over one last time." as the reset button appeared before me.

"Yes why don't we" Chara said approaching the button, we look at each other one more time before hit reset

Hey everybody thanks for reading and as most of you are aware this is a remake of my other Chara x Reader. I wanted to restart it in hope of making the plot a little better. Well I hope your enjoying it so far, Thanks for reading and have a good day/night. =)