four

Guys think before you drink, don't be like Jungkook and these idiots. I'm not trying to project drinking and alcohol culture, merely painting a picture, and writing a story.

TW: alcohol

Jungkook hadn't planned to go looking for Y/n.

Sure he hadn't been able to stop thinking about the mysterious girl that came out of literally nowhere and how soft her hair and skin looked, but he didn't have a thing for her or anything. In fact, he didn't even know a thing about her or why she was in Korea. He assumed just holidays, but it for some reason seemed like more.
When she had run into him, he couldn't help but admire how fast she ran, so determined, a bit chaotic yet beautiful all the same. Her hair had billowed behind her and then before he knew it, she had run straight into him and knocked herself into the ground. She was even more gorgeous up close, and it seemed like his teammates thought so too. They had practically flocked around her, not even letting Jungkook get a chance in. It had icked him all night, tossing and turning in his sleep thinking about what he could have done differently, and he damned himself for it.

The worst part about being the youngest on the team was the endless teasing. His hyungs had kept making faces at him and mocking the way he spoke to Y/n. It was absolutely killing him at this point. Not to even mention how the world practically had made a whole business about him not being able to talk to girls, so much he almost had adapted the trait. Or at least he liked to think so. Maybe he didn't know how to talk to girls, maybe he did. Jungkook wasn't so sure about anything anymore, he had put on show practically all his life, so it was easy losing the real Jungkook along the way. He felt lost most of the time. It was bearable because of his hyungs that practically had raised him, but sometimes he felt like he needed something deeper and steadier for when he felt afloat the sea. Some sort of rock to cling onto. Problem was he just didn't know how to find a rock.

Then the concert had come along, the one he had invited Y/n to. He'd spent almost all night looking for that her in the purple sea, and when he finally found her, her smile had somehow lit up his world. Brighter than any army bomb or stage light had ever. So, when the concert ended, he knew he couldn't let it be the end. Even if she was only on vacation and probably going back to the states again, he had to see her up-close once more.
So he did. Sneakily avoiding Namjoon and using all his sense of place to find the girl. And finally, after opening so many doors he, with all his luck, found her. Yeah, it was risky, but he didn't even care. She had smiled and he didn't even care.

So when he was gathered with his friends in the kitchen-dining-living room he wondered if it would be too soon to text her. Jimin had always told him to play it cool and charming when flirting, but not to be desperate. Because who would want someone who was desperate Jungkook thought. So Jungkook decided not to text her. He probably would sometime later, now that the concerts were done, and he got to relax for a little while. But not now.

The team was always in a weird state after concerts, extremely exhausted, yet riding of the high of the concert and acting like literal crackheads. Army was their life support, an indescribable sort of life-giving mixture. Hearing them cheer and seeing their smiles, was probably the thing they valued the most in the entire world.

In times like this alcohol always was the best and perhaps the worst choice they could ever make. They didn't care. So, as they sat around their table Hoseok went to pull a bottle of champagne out. Jungkook watched excitedly as he popped it open and poured it into glasses. Jimin flushed it down like it was water, and soon enough all their faces were flush, and laughter was all over the place. Beers piled on the table and at some point, Yoongi put on some music, throwing his arms from side to side, like a one-man-wave.