Beauty Is In The Eyes Of The Beholder

Beautiful house by the river.
Here you are serene and detached.
Anyone passing by could not help but notice you.
Curious eyes couldn't help but admire, as well as feast on your uniqueness and historical look.
Your architecture commands your surroundings.

Resting on a stone foundation.
Skilled masonry gently assembled your whitewashed, rough, uncoursed, ashlar roof.
Your well-carved, stone walls have endured the winter frosts and heats of the summer months.

Fog clothed you like a pupa encased in a cocoon.
Violent passing storms roared angry deafening notes like a symphony playing in a horror movie.
Sharp Spring and Autumn rain pelted and slashed again and again at your immaculate framework.
But still, you have refused to crumble and topple like skittles at bowling alleys.

You have stood the tests of time, holding all your ancient structures of cedar beams, joined intricately by the skilled carpentry and remain intact.
You stand formidable against a backdrop of lush greenery, holding insatiable mysteries and invaluable memories.
If one was to find the keys to your door.
Who knows what lays within your cracks and crannies.
Who knows what secrets you hold?

In fact, you have served as a residence for the lockkeeper.
A tavern and accommodation for passengers "en route" to their destinations, adventures, and sojourns in the next cities or towns.
Your beauty cannot be hidden.
It is in the eyes of the beholder.
Like a family heirloom, glistening on this bright hot summer day.
You display your worth to those who catch your eyes.

Written by
Veronique Renaud.

Written byVeronique Renaud